Chapter 91 - Rescue

I had lost count of days again. Before I stopped carving the days that passed on the wall with a rough edge on my necklace, I had reached a month. But that was weeks ago.

I would be woken up with a curse, then led to the living room and get tortured again.

I was like the good old days, when I was tortured all day. Only much worse; I was tortured day and night, now.

Voldemort gave orders to curse me as little as possible and find other creative ways of torturing. I guess he didn't want to get me too mad. But Bellatrix couldn't keep herself contained most of the times. I didn't know if I was thankful for that, because every time I was being cursed I would eventually simply blackout.

"You've stopped screaming, I see... Don't tell me you got used to it... Well, we will find another way to make you feel it..." said Bellatrix.

And when she remembered her Master's orders she would find the most painful ways to hurt me.

My dress was cut by her knife and my legs were covered with bruises and cuts.  My face was bruised too. I could feel it.

And all over my legs, there was a word carved.

Traitress...

Sometimes the floor would be covered with my blood.

Their torturing was now strategically planned; always brutal but never enough to kill me.

"You are still holding on, I see..." Voldemort said when he visited for the first time. "Curse her more often," he said to Bellatrix. "As long as she lasts without getting too insane. And I like these scars. Why don't you give her one on her face? Oh, but no!" he rearranged. "I like her pretty. She will have to make more public appearances at some point. A few bruises will do," he said and he left.

Bellatrix obeyed.

I broke two teeth while gritting my teeth. They had to bring in a Healer to fix it and then they thankfully gave me something to bite into during the torturing.

"What else do you have to lose to know you belong to me?"

"My life? Kill me; maybe I will realise it then..." I muttered.

"You will never die..." he said.

I closed my eyes. I was swallowing the truth I already knew, the destiny that was written in my prophecy. I wasn't going to die. I was his indeed and doomed to be what held him here.

It was not the time to think of my theories. It was too painful to think.

"You know... You remind me of your mother sometimes. She could fool you in an instant. She could lie through her teeth with no guilt. She was a traitress as well and a better one than you.

"There was a time when we left everything behind. I trusted her with everything I had. Memories, thoughts, fears. We travelled the world and stopped when we found the right place to exist. I still remember that southern forest in Albania the one near the sea. How many vows did she take under that tree and how many of them did she break?

"I would have trusted her with the world. She would rule by my side. I thought she trusted me too. But it was all manipulation, all carefully structured plan to take down what I was building.

"You remind me of her. How many times have you lied to your own father, your own blood? She perished as well, all because she couldn't see the masterpiece I was going to create. Small people shudder in the face of power. A small piece of advice from your father. Embrace the power I gave you, if you don't want to suffer a fate worse than your mother's."