Chapter 64 - Caught

The train had just started moving and it was pulling out of Platform 9 ¾. Luna, Ginny and I had already found a compartment but as the others were chatting about how their holidays were, I had something else in my mind.

I hadn't seen Draco since we'd gotten there and he hadn't passed through the corridor either. I had started getting worried. Maybe he hadn't even come.

"It has faded a lot. You can barely see it," said Luna looking at my forehead and searching for my wound. Of course, the reason she couldn't see it, was because it was hidden under my heavy hair.

"Well..." I said wiping my hair out of my face to reveal it to her, after looking around to be sure that no one was passing through the door.

"Oh..." said Luna when she realised that it hadn't faded as much as she would expect.

"It's okay. It's just that it gets very painful at times-" I said but I was interrupted by the opening of the compartment door.

"Anne!" Draco rushed inside. I stood up as he went up to me hastily. Then in no time, he had hugged me tightly. His hug lasted more than I expected. I had closed my eyes, smelling again his familiar perfume as he was kindly touching my hair with his fingers. When I opened my eyes again, I saw Ginny and Luna staring at us.

"Hm... Draco?" I said pulling my self away.

"Oh, sorry. We better go outside," he said, heading out of the compartment pulling me with him, not even saying 'hi' to Luna and Ginny. Sometimes he was polite enough to look at them. But now he went on like he didn't even notice that they existed. Draco led me to the empty corridor and stuck me to the window. He kissed me passionately like he had ages to do it. I didn't blame him. I had totally missed this too. He tried to wipe my hair with his fingers but the only thing that he managed was hurting my scar.

"Ouch! Slow down a bit..." I said scratching my forehead.

"Not that easy to do... I missed you so much..."

"I suppose it shouldn't surprise me; you didn't bother writing to me all summer," I said more furiously that I hoped to sound. I didn't want to sound too aggressive but I didn't want him to believe I didn't care, either.

"Annie, it was dangerous. Aurors were searching my house every other day, they were practically inside the house and they were checking every owl that was coming in or out. And it was not only for my safety, it was for yours too. Just imagine what would happen if my father was found to be a Death Eater. We would be accused as suspects – well, we already were. And if they found a single letter from the Lost Daughter they would accuse you, too." he answered.

"I did figure that was why you wouldn't respond. But not even a message with a patronus? I sent one every other day. Were you getting them?"

Draco's eyes grew darker. "I was," he answered after a long pause.

"Why didn't you send one then? It's not as dangerous and I know you can perform one. I needed just one word, just one sentence; I'm okay."

Draco didn't answer to that. Although I could have believed that he wasn't able to send an owl, now it seemed like he didn't want to send me a patronus.

"It was a weird situation. And the Dark Lord-"

"What did you say?" I gasped.

"What?" he said and I could understand that he really had no idea of what I was talking about. "I said that it was-".

"What did you call Voldemort?" I asked slowly.

"I don't understand, what-" he tried to speak but I interrupted him again.