Chapter 81 - Torture Me

On the next day, we were starting off with the Dark Arts. We were all sitting in our chairs without talking, even though the teacher wasn't here yet. We were all so scared with last night's incidences that we wouldn't even blink.

From the moment we set foot out of the train we had to stand in lines according to our year and house and walk all the way to Hogwarts. No carriages, no nothing. And we were always followed by the Death Eaters something really upsetting because they follow you literally everywhere you go. I could notice that there were two more Death Eaters escorting the Gryffindor and the Ravenclaw house. And in the Ravenclaws, there were two Death Eaters standing right next to me. No to mention, the Dementors were everywhere.

Students were going to be questioned, escorted to classes, punished for any rule-breaking. When Snape stopped reading the new rules, I could tell that something was not right at all with all these things. It's like we were in military school. Hogwarts had completely changed. We were under Voldemort's commands.

"Good morning, class." We saw Amycus Carrow standing on the top of the stairs and we all sort of jumped when we heard his voice, but no one said a thing. He went down the stairs looking at us with a hateful face. "Stand," he said. We all moved as one and stood from our desks.

Amycus flicked his wand and automatically the class was cleared by all the desks.

"Now there is only one rule that you must follow in this class, if you hope to succeed, and I'll say it one time and one time only. Obedience. If you obey, all with go just well. If not... Well, let's say you'll regret it," he said coldly walking the class up and down. "So the first lesson will be practical and we will be working on the first spell on our new syllabus. I want two students to stand in the middle of the classroom. Any offers?" he said quickly but we all looked down without daring to look at his eyes. He made a long pause and waited. "Anyone?" he repeated when no one stood front. "Well, I'll have to choose someone myself then..." he said and picked a board with all our names on it. "Okay... Let's see... Neville Longbottom. Who is Neville Longbottom?" he said after scanning the board quickly.

"It's me," I heard Neville saying.

"Come here, Mr Longbottom," said Amycus and Neville walked to the middle of the class. "Now, Neville, we have to find you a pair. Anyone in your mind?" he asked but Neville shook his head. "Oh, I hate choosing on my own..." he said so-called coolly, something that made his appearance and his behavior even more disgusting and ridiculous.

He looked at his board again. But that was not because he hadn't chosen a name yet. I had seen it coming from the beginning of the class.

"What about Annalise Riddle," he said and looked at me at once. "Let's see our little traitress, shall we? Come out," he said coldly.

I had nothing to do but to step forward. I stood opposite Neville looking cooler than him. I tried to calm him down with my eyes as much as I could. I tried to show him that I wasn't afraid and that he shouldn't be afraid either, something that unfortunately wasn't the truth.

"Now, Neville, let's learn our first spell and that is the Cruciatus Curse, shall we?" he said circling him. Neville instantly looked at me, but my face hadn't changed at all. I kept calm and hoped that he didn't do anything stupid. "Do you know the spell?"

"Hm..." muttered Neville.

"I can't hear you, Mr Longbottom," said Amycus loudly.

"Yes, I know it," he said after clearing his voice.

"Then I assume you know that it goes with the word 'Curcio'," he said.

Neville just nodded.

"Then I want you to try this spell on our little traitress, here..." he said placing a hand on my shoulder and wiping a lock away from my face.