Chapter 96 - The Battle of Hogwarts • The Piece Inside Her

I found Harry, Ron and Hermione wandering in the school, trying to fight their way out of the castle. When I asked them, they told me that they were heading to the Black Lake where they hoped to find Nagini, the last Horcrux. It was just now that they had destroyed Ravenclaw's diadem.

I did want to tell them what I'd just found out, the fact that I was a Horcrux but for some reason, I didn't.

"Annalise. I shouldn't forget!" said Hermione. "I've brought you this!" she said and drew a Basilisk's fang out of her pocket. "Keep it safe in case we can't kill the snake. Stab it with this is you ever find it." I took the fang in my hands and kept it safe as I was told.

"Have you seen Draco, guys?"

"He was in the Room of Requirement with us just now. I think we finally reached some sort of arrangement..." said Harry quickly and for the first time didn't seem mad when he was talking about Draco.

"I don't want to hear about this. Do you know where I can find him?"

"I think he was fighting in the Great Hall," shouted Hermione.

The three of them continued fighting their way out of the caste as the courtyard was now full of Death Eaters and monsters fighting the wizards.

I ran to the Great Hall to find it filled with corpses. There were dozens of people in there and dozens of ongoing duels.

"Draco!" I shouted when I spotted him.

"Anne!" he yelled after stupefying a Death Eater. He came up to me and took me in his arms. At the same time, there was another Death Eater that had spotted the both of us and was now coming after me. Draco threw himself in front of me and flicked his wand. The Death Eater was lifted up in the air and then hit the wall at the far end of the Hall. "Are you alright?" he said after a very brief kiss.

"Watch out!" I screamed and started a duel with a man that was heading towards us. I instantly left him unconscious after a very brief bond was made.

"That was a good one, baby!" he said excited.

"Draco I have to tell you something..." I said. He turned to look at me, then we both turned around again to fight a couple of Death Eaters that, I would admit, were not in the best form.

"I don't think this is a very good time!" he screamed as he was going on with a duel. When he managed to break the bond and win the fight, he turned to look at me again with the adrenaline still drawn on his face.

"Draco this is kind of important," I said. Sure it was important. I had to find a way to die.

I was ready to tell him all I had found out when the room was silenced of all spells. Voldemort's voice echoed in our ears again.

"You've fought valiantly, but in vain... I do not wish this. Every drop of magical blood spilled is a terrible waste. I, therefore command my forces to retreat... In their absence, dispose your dead with dignity, Harry Potter, I now speak directly to you. On this night, you have allowed your friends to die for you, rather than face me yourself. There is no greater dishonor. Join me in the Forbidden Forrest... and confront your fate. If you do not do this, I shall kill every last man, woman and child who tries to conceal you from me."

The voice stopped for everyone else but didn't shut for me.

"Valour, you are the only person in this school who I would never allow anyone to harm. But I can command them to bring you forth to me. One way or another, you will come back to me. Come with your own free will and you shall not suffer anymore. You have until dawn."

"Did you hear this? The thing he said just for me?" I asked Draco.

"I don't think anyone did, Anne," he answered.