San/Wooyoung - The Cure *Request*

My loves!! I bring you my first one shot after returning and I have to say I love it. This one is for the amazing shibsan <3<3 Your support has meant the world to me, so I wanted to get this done for you as quickly as possible. Thank you for being by my side, and I hope you enjoy!! I love you so much <3<3

"San! I think I found it!"

"What? Found what?"

"The cure! I was listening to the radio channels to see if anyone was broadcasting and there is a safe zone set up a few days drive from here. They believe they found the cure." Wooyoung took San's hands in his and stared at him with wide eyes.

"A few days?!" San shook his head. "It's too risky. We are safe here."

"Sannie, we are safe for now. You know it's only a matter of time before they find us. We are only two people..." Wooyoung dropped his hands and ran one through his mangled black hair.

San watched him and felt his heart sink a little. It had been weeks since either of them could take a proper shower. Wooyoung's hair used to be so gorgeous and full of life, just like Wooyoung himself. Now he was covered in his a layer of dirt and grime, his nails cracked, and multiple scars covering his body.

Although the older wasn't much better. Wooyoung looked up at him and bit his lip. He wanted to leave so bad, but he wouldn't go without San. He would never leave his San behind.

And San had been right. They had finally found a place that they felt safe. It was a small, rundown house, but it was in a neighborhood that had already been infected.

They sat on the couch and San pulled Wooyoung into his arms. The only comfort they had was each other.

Almost a year ago, the unimaginable had happened. It was something only talked about in movies and books and was believed to be so impossible that no one ever thought it would ever be a reality.

But scientists had turned greedy and started experimenting with things they didn't understand. One of them created a new disease that attacked the host.

It still felt so weird to say somethings even though the couple had witnessed it first hand several times.

The disease had morphed into something that turned the hosts into zombies. It killed the host after being in the system for several days. And it appeared to be an excruciating death. A great deal of it involved vomiting blood, which is how the disease is spread.

If a person touches infected blood, they themselves will become infected after a few days. If they get the infected blood into their system through either an open cut or by getting blood in their mouth or eyes, they are infected instantly.

And for the longest time there has been no cure.

San and Wooyoung had managed to stay alive so far. The disease hasn't effected animals yet, as far as they can tell, so they taught themselves how to hunt and always stayed in places close to forests.

That also lessened the risk of running into any of the zombies because they were less populated areas.

Cities were the worst place you could go because once the zombies couldn't sense a food source, they became 'dormant' and wandered aimlessly.

But once they detected something that had blood flowing through it, they became a swarm. An unstoppable, deadly wave that destroyed anything in it's path.

San looked around the house they called 'home' for now. There was no electricity anymore, so they had formed the habit of taking whatever candles and matches they came across. Water bottles were a must too. And they had a good stock of blankets. More than one of their nights had been spent out in the forest fighting off the bitter cold.