The blade was getting closer and closer to my face, I could feel the burning touch scorching my cheek. I grunted at the strain and the pain in my cheek, but just before I could be hurt even more, my instincts kicked in, summoning the black bayard and transforming to a sword.

I whipped the blade around and cut off Shiro's mechanical arm. He screamed in pain, groaning from the loss of his infected arm as he fell to his knees.

He breathed heavily, looking up at me with pain filled eyes.

"Keith..." he whispered. I looked down at his sorrow, then I turned and saw Phoenix, her hand still on her side as flame suddenly appeared from her fingertips. She was trying to close the wound by burning it.

I was about to run towards her, when the large generator above us blew up, covering the area with smoke and collapsing.

The platform shook, we slid down the falling platform, but I only had two hands.

I stuck my blade into the metal platform and held Shiro up with my other hand. I looked up and saw Phoenix caught on one of the hanging panels, but she was slipping.

I looked down at Shiro, he was unconscious, but still felt alive. My mind flew back to the past, when he helped me so much, and the times long ago when Phoenix was there with me, past and present. I couldn't do anything to save him or Phoenix.

My grip fell weak when the platform shook again, and we fell. I saw white, and nothing more except for Shiro and Phoenix.

I saw her reach out towards me, flames covering her body as her eyes slowly closed. I reached out with my other hand to try and grab her. She was so close, and yet, she was too far for me to grab her. I couldn't save her. I promised her that I would bring her back home to her family.

But I remembered her promise to me. She said she wouldn't leave me or our friends. I had to have faith in that promise.

I blacked out at some point, because I opened my eyes to a voice.

"Keith." It called to me, "Keith." I opemed my eyes and saw nothing but a star filled sky above my head and below my feet.

"Keith." The voice said.

It was Shiro, but he was nowhere to be seen.

"Where are you, Shiro? Show yourself!" I shouted.

"I know this must be confusing for you." Shiro replied.

I activated by bayard and readied for any type of attack.

"What is this place? Where are we? You-- you were trying to kill me. And you almost killed Phoenix. And the others! You-- you said you..."

Suddenly, I heard something appear from behind me. I slowly turned around and saw a bright light appear, and a figure came from that light holding something in their arms.

I gasped as Shiro appeared before me, Phoenix sleeping peacefully in his arms.

"I'm not here to harm you. Everyone is fine. Just let me explain." Shiro said, kneeling down and placing Phoenix on the ground. I wasted no time running to her, collapsing on my knees and cradling her in my arms.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw her breathing, her breaths were a little slow, but she was still breathing nonetheless. I looked back up at Shiro for an explanation.

"The thing that attacked you wasn't me. Since my fight with Zarkon, I've been here."

"When you disappeared?" I asked.

Shiro nodded, "Yes. I didn't know where I was or how much time had passed. My physical form was gone. I existed on another realm. I died, Keith."

My eyes widened at the news. Shiro was dead. And now, I knew the truth. Everything was put together. Why Phoenix and Shiro were fighting with each other. Why Shiro wanted to side with Lotor so persistently.