Chapt 60 - Waking Up

The moment they reached Lotus Pier, Lan Zhan dragged them to Wei Ying's bedroom. Lan Zhan saw Wei Ying and wanted to hug him, hold him, but held back when Wen Qing stepped forward.

Wen Qing pulled out 18 accupunture needles and inserted in on Wei Ying's face, chest, hands and legs. When she was done, Wei Ying stopped shivering.

Wen Qing then instructed everyone not to touch him, to Lan Zhan's dismay. She stayed outside Wei Ying's room to brew medicine and asked both Yunmeng Jiang Sect's and Gusu Lan Sect's doctors to come over.

She scolded them for replacing a rare herb with a subpar herb, which was a very common mistake as the rare herb was hard to find.

Wen Qing took care of Wei Ying for a whole week, till Wei Ying passed the dangerous period. She was often annoyed by Lan Zhan who kept lurking outside Wei Ying's room and his constant questions.

After that she gave the doctors another prescription and asked them to follow strictly, then she left.

Another week passed. During this one week, Lan Zhan stayed by Wei Ying's side and took care of him. When no one was around, he would hold on to Wei Ying's hand and call his name.

Wen Qing's skills were truly amazing as Wei Ying's condition has significantly improved. His face was no longer pale and he could swallow medicine.

On the 8th night, Lan Zhan was calling Wei Ying's name when Wei Ying's eyes started to open. Through his blurred vision, he saw Lan Zhan and thought 'Ahh i feel so weak. Is this another dream? The same dream I've been having for a while now?'

Meanwhile, Lan Zhan who saw Wei Ying's eyes opening and closing immediately hovered over him and called out to him. "Wei Ying."

"Wow... this time I can finally hear your voice in my dream..." Wei Ying said as his previous dreams didn't include Lan Zhan talking to him.

"It's not a dream" Lan Zhan said gently.

"Hehe I made Lan Zhan lie. Lan Zhan... won't you kiss me for the last time?" Wei Ying said.

"It's really not a dream..." Lan Zhan said with a frown. Looking at Wei Ying who was still staring at him, waiting for a kiss, Lan Zhan thought he shouldn't but he couldn't control himself either and kissed Wei Ying. It's been too long.

He pressed his lips against Wei Ying's and in between breaths, mumbled "Wei Ying..."

Wei Ying was even more out of breath, panting, "Mmm... Lan Zhan... Lan... Mmm..."

Their tongues were rubbing against each other while they both sucked on each other's lips. This made Lan Zhan lose his self control. Wei Ying tugged on Lan Zhan's shirt, making his clothes loose.

He tried reaching for Lan Zhan's chest. Lan Zhan did the same thing back as the kissed aggressively. He only stopped when Wei Ying slowed his panting, stopped moving his tongue and stopped sucking on Lan Zhan's lips.

Lan Zhan was concerned and anxious. "Wei Ying?" He called out. Seeing Wei Ying unresponsive, Lan Zhan immediately shouted "Doctor!"

Right after the doctor arrived, Jiang Yanli, Jiang Cheng and Lan XiChen came right behind. The four of them were stunnned, seeing both their lips red, shirt around the chest area a little loose. Lan XiChen who has never seen Lan Zhan like this before uttered "WangJi..."

Realising that Wei Ying's clothes came loose, he immediately adjusted Wei Ying's clothes before adjusting his own.

The doctor who thought that Lan Zhan was making a move on an unconscious Wei Ying said "This..."

Lan Zhan cleared his throat and said, "He woke up just now..."

The doctor checked up on Wei Ying and said "Mn, Wei Gong Zi has woken up. He was just overly tired and seem to have fainted from a lack of... ahem... lack of air."

Jiang Yanli, sensing that Lan Zhan was feeling embarrassed, smiled and said "Two Lan Young Masters, go ahead and rest. I'll take care of him tonight."

LWJ: "But I..."

"Lan Er Gong Zi, you've not been resting well ever since you came. Since A-Xian have passed the dangerous period, you can relax." Jiang Yanli insisted.

"I'll be back soon" Lan Zhan said, walking to his prepared room unwillingly. He knew that Jiang Yanli had been letting him have alone time with Wei Ying for the whole week and was grateful to her for that.

The next morning, at 5am, Wei Ying woke up. "Shi... ShiJie..."

"A-Xian! You're awake! Are you feeling better?" Jiang Yanli asked as she helped Wei Ying sit up.

WWX: "Of course I'm... *cough* I'm fine. What happened?"

Jiang Yanli poured some water for him. "You weren't focused on the night hunt and have been sleeping for about one and a half weeks! All this time Lan Er Gong Zi took care of you!"

Wei Ying woke all his cells up when he heard Jiang Yanli say "Lan". He thought to himself 'Oh, it wasn't Lan Zhan. At least his surname is Lan too.' He then jokingly said "Why is this Lan Er Gong Zi such a busybody? I haven't even met him and he probably thinks that I'm a weakling! ShiJie, we musn't let him look down on us!"

Jiang Yanli then remembered that Wei Ying didn't know Lan Er Gong Zi and Lan Zhan were the same person. She decided not to spoil the surprise for him.

"I'll tell Dad, Mom and A-Cheng that you're awake." Jiang Yanli smiled and excused herself, knowing Lan Zhan will return soon.

After a while of thinking of Lan Zhan, a few knocks sounded at the door and Lan Zhan walked in. Walking past the partition, Lan Zhan came face to face with an awaked Wei Ying. Wei Ying's face immediately lighted up when he saw Lan Zhan but immediately returned to a shocked face.

Wei Ying remembered his dream and thought 'Was it real or fake?!'