Chapt 17 - Realisation

They travelled about for 2 months and this time, they stopped at WaXi Town. Within these 2 months, many things happened. Lan Zhan started to get jealous often when he saw Wei Ying flirting with women, or men getting too close to him.

There was once a waiter placed his arms over Wei Ying's shoulder. Lan Zhan felt like twisting the waiter's arms. Wei Ying saw Lan Zhan walking away so suddenly and asked him to wait. Lan Zhan stopped, waiting for him to catch up, but after some time he turned around and saw that Wei Ying was still talking to the waiter. Lan Zhan got angry and started smashing the stones on the ground with his feet.

Another incident was when Wei Ying asked for information from two village girls. Wei Ying ended up flirting with them. Lan Zhan watched by the side, anger creeping up his skin. When he saw Wei Ying giving each of them a face powder, Lan Zhan started kicking the pebbles on the ground till Wei Ying finally came over. Even though it was of no use to them, Lan Zhan didn't want to see Wei Ying giving it to others. Lan Zhan gave Wei Ying the cold shoulder which confused Wei Ying, making him think that Lan Zhan was actually a moody person.

Few weeks later, Lan Zhan asked for the face powder with much hesitation but Wei Ying rejected him, saying it's kept specially for his 'dearest ShiJie', which made Lan Zhan jealous. Who was this dearest ShiJie?

There was also once when Wei Ying sneaked out at 11pm and only came back at about 2-3am. Lan Zhan was curious what Wei Ying did and where he went but he couldn't bring himself to ask Wei Ying. It bothered Lan Zhan a lot, making him wonder where Wei Ying went and why didn't Wei Ying bring Lan Zhan along.

The incident that made Lan Zhan the angriest was when Wei Ying got drunk. Wei Ying dragged Lan Zhan into a wine shop, saying that he wouldn't make Lan Zhan drink... and he really didn't. He went to another table with a group of men and started competing drinking. Wei Ying won, getting drunk only after drinking 12 jars. However, while Wei Ying was getting drunk, he became clingy too... He started putting his shoulders over the other guys which made Lan Zhan smash his tea cup in his grip. Lan Zhan tried holding it in. He closed his eyes, trying to calm down.

However, when he opened his eyes, he saw one of the guys pounce on Wei Ying, saying Wei Ying is so cute that he wouldn't mind... doing him. Before Wei Ying did anything, the angry Lan Zhan pulled them apart, throwing the guy to the end of the wine shop, shocking everyone. Wei Ying who was falling asleep and walking unstably, then hugged Lan Zhan. Lan Zhan was angry but this hug made him calm down a little. He quickly carried Wei Ying back to the inn.

On the way back, Wei Ying woke up a little. "Ahhh! Lan Zhan! You can't carry me like this!"

LWJ: "Why?"

"Why? It's so embarrassing!" Wei Ying argued, while covering his face with his hands and shaking his head like a child.

Lan Zhan smiled a little at his actions but hearing what Wei Ying said, he replied "It's embarrassing?"

WWX: "Is it something to be proud of?"

LWJ: "You carried me before too."

"I did? I don't remember! Anyway, I'm not a girl! You can't carry me princess-style! Put me down quick!" Wei Ying exclaimed as he pouted.

LWJ: "I won't"

"Ahhh! It's so embarrassing!" Wei Ying whined as he covered his face and shook his head again.

Lan Zhan liked seeing Wei Ying acting like this. He found it cute but after shaking for some time, Wei Ying fell back asleep, head leaning on Lan Zhan's chest.

***

After placing Wei Ying on the bed, Lan Zhan stared at him. The rarely defenseless Wei Ying looked so tempting even for the great Lan Zhan who have always showed great restraint. Lan Zhan's face inched closer for a kiss, but he stopped as he decided that it was a bad idea. He took off his forehead ribbon and wrapped it around Wei Ying's forehead. Lan Zhan then felt his anger washing away. With a slight smile, he hugged Wei Ying to sleep.

When Lan Zhan woke up the next morning, he felt guilty of taking advantage of Wei Ying. He quickly removed his forehead ribbon and went out to cool down. He felt like he didn't deserve Wei Ying still being so cheerful around him, so he was even colder to Wei Ying, making Wei Ying think that Lan Zhan was annoyed of taking care of a drunk Wei Ying.

After many of such incidents happening and his jealousness getting out of control, Lan Zhan realised that he liked Wei Ying. Other than some actions he himself couldn't explain, Lan Zhan tried convincing himself that these were feelings for a brother. But after this one incident that happened in WaXi Village, he was definitely, utterly convinced that he was in love with Wei Ying.

WaXi Town held a semi-annual hunting competition, which caught Wei Ying's attention.

***NOTES***
Lan Zhan's definition of taking advantage of Wei Ying included almost kissing him, hugging him to sleep and tying the forehead ribbon on him.

I like seeing a jealous Lan Zhan and a clueless Wei Ying.

<found a pic of drunk weiying clinging onto lan zhan>