Chapt 29 - Ghost Puppets 2

After some time, the people in red robes were defeated and the male villagers regained their conciousness.

Wei Ying started explaining everything that happened, excluding what him and Lan Zhan did in the room.

Yu Cheng clenched his fist and grumbled "Yu Jiang..."

Wei Ying had a questioned look. Mian Mian then explained "Yu Cheng is Yu Jiang's older brother. Their parents both died when they were young, so Yu Cheng brought Yu Jiang up. However, there was once Yu Jiang brought a man back to the village.

This man took advantage of her, taking silkworms and ready made scarfs away. Yu Jiang knew about it too. When Yu Cheng asked Yu Jiang about it, she defended the man, saying he is going to be part of the village anyways.

The man did many inappropriate things at the village, causing all the villagers to be unhappy towards this man. However, Yu Jiang sided him and helped him, fully knowing what he was doing.

At last, the man left. It was a short period of time but he took enough to affect us as we didn't have enough earnings. Despite this, Yu Jiang said that it was our fault for not being harsh on him and it wasn't her fault that he didn't want to be part of this village.

That was just the beginning. She started bringing more men who did the same thing, not caring about us. We didn't speak up because we felt bad that men kept tricking her like that."

"She wasn't tricked! She clearly knew what they were doing! She was tricking us with them! I failed my duty as a brother!" Yu Cheng said angrily.

Mian Mian patted his back, trying to calm Yu Cheng down but he continued "Now she is tricking us with those scoundrels! She clearly doesn't care about us. They planned to kill us but she only cares about her and her new man!"

The other villagers didn't speak up. They couldn't disagree with him. Wei Ying looked around then pulled out the map Mian Mian gave him. "Well, now that we all know what happened, what should we do now?"

***

After discussing, they decided that Wei Ying and Xiao XingChen would go to the women's quarters and bring them to the men's quarters to meet first, while Lan Zhan and Song Lan would barge into the leader's compartment. Mian Mian remained with the men. Some of them could fight a little as they used to protect Silk Village from troubles. Handling a few low leveled cultivators should be fine.

Lan Zhan felt a little unreluctant as he wanted to go with Wei Ying and he didn't want Wei Ying to see the women from earlier again but he didn't say anything.

Lan Zhan and Song Lan were both quiet people and dislike physical contacts from strangers, unlike Wei Ying and Xiao XingChen. On the way to the leader's compartment, they communicated with minimal words and a few nods. They actually understood each other and got along pretty well.

Meanwhile, Wei Ying and Xiao XingChen really got along, with Wei Ying leading most of the conversation. Wei Ying froze when Xiao XingChen said that he was a disciple of BaoShan SanRen.

"What's wrong?" Xiao XingChen asked.

"Do... Do you know CangSe SanRen?" Wei Ying asked stammering.

Xiao XingChen was surprised that Wei Ying knew one of his master's disciple. He nodded his head and replied "Mn. CangSe SanRen, she was one of my master's favourite disciple. I often heard my master complimenting her, talking about how playful she was, yet very skilled. Even though I have never seen her before, she is said to be the most beautiful disciple even till now."

Wei Ying nodded his head furiously, listening attentively while smiling when Xiao XingChen said that his mother was very beautiful. He liked hearing anything related to his parents, which he didn't get to spend much time with.

Xiao XingChen sighed : "Unfortunately, CangSe SanRen passed away after descending the mountains. My master was quite upset for some time, knowing another of her disciple died after leaving the mountains. Have you met her before?"

Wei Ying replied "CangSe SanRen is my mother, she passed away when I was 3." Sadness filled Wei Ying's eyes. He barely remembered his mother.

Xiao XingChen was stunned for a moment "My condolences. She is a very respectable ShiJie."

"It's fine." Wei Ying shrugged it off. "Haha... we seem to be similar in age but I would have to call you my ShiShu."

Xiao XingChen chuckled and nodded his head. Wei Ying then asked "Do you think I can visit BaoShan SanRen?"

Xiao XingChen replied as they entered the women's quarters. "Well, we made a vow not to return after leaving the mountains."

Wei Ying looked down silently and sadly. He felt that if he met BaoShan SanRen, he could hear about many more stories about his mother.

The woman were kept locked in a room and they didn't have the keys to open it. Wei Ying used SuiBian to slice the door open. This made quite some noise.

A few people in red came immediately to check things out. Wei Ying and Xiao XingChen settled them and told the women to be quiet and quick, as they are bringing them to the men's quarter.

On the way back, they met a few others in red, but finished them without a problem too. When they returned, Mian Mian heaved a sigh of relief. If more people in red came, the men would not have been able to hold them off.

The villagers reunited, some bursting in tears despite others saying not to make so much noise. It couldn't be help. After all, they hadn't seen each other in a few years and were glad to see each other safe and sound. Mian Mian then started explaining about Yu Jiang.

***NOTES***
ShiJie (师姐) = Senior Sister
ShiShu (师叔) = Senior Uncle