Chapt 3 - First Meeting

Wei Ying whistled as he strolled about Caiyi Town. "Heh, good thing I decided to run away. Sigh, I still need to go somewhere further so they won't be able to drag me back. I should take this chance to find some pretty ladies to hit up, while I still can!" Wei Ying complained out loud.

Lan Zhan who was walking past Wei Ying, frowned slightly in disapproval of this shameless man's words. After walking for some time, Wei Ying passed by an alley.

"AHHHHH" a high pitched ear piercing scream came from the alley. "Get away from us!"

"Pretty maidens, hang out with us!"

"Why would we!" A girl in red clothes shielded another in white.

"Come on, let's just have fun!" Two thugs said, surrounding two maidens. One of them was already grabbing the girl in red, forcefully trying to pull her shirt off while the other was trying to reach for the girl in white.

Wei Ying shakes his head while walking over, "How ungentlemanly of you. Tsk tsk. This maiden already said that she doesn't want to follow you. Aren't you leaving?"

"Who are you to interfere with our business? You're seeking death!" One of the thugs said as he threw a punch over.

Wei Ying dodged it and stuck out his foot, tripping the thug. The other also came at him but Wei Ying simply twisted his arm, making him kneel down in pain.

"You... You're lucky today!" With that, the thugs ran away.

"Thank you Gong Zi" The girl in white spoke up.

Wei Ying smirked and teased, "If you're thankful, you can start by telling me your names."

The girl in red, while pulling her shirt up her shoulders, said, "Hmph. Shouldn't you say your name first!"

With this, Wei Ying grinned and reached out his hand, wanting to introduce himself. Just then, the hilt of a sword came flying towards his arm. Wei Ying grabbed SuiBian and deflected the sword, standing in front of the maidens to protect them. Seeing a refined man jumping down, Wei Ying didn't think that he meant harm to the ladies. "Hey! Why did you attack me for no reason!"

Lan Zhan wasn't one to jump to conclusions. However, seeing this sloppily dressed person, who previously said that he wanted to hit up some pretty ladies, reaching out to a girl trying to pull her shirt up, he sent out BiChen. "Don't harass them." Lan Zhan said coldly.

WWX: "Wh-When did I harass them?"

Without futher words, their swords started clashing. The two maidens were scared, but seeing that both parties were not bad guys, they stayed, trying to meditate the situation. "This Gong Zi, you misunderstood him!" The maidens shouted.

With this, SuiBian and BiChen flew back to their owners.

"Actually, he saved us from some thugs..." the girl in red continued.

Lan Zhan kept quiet, his eyebrows twitching slightly. It wasn't often that he misunderstood someone.

"See! You misunderstood me and randomly attacked me! Shouldn't you compensate me?" Wei Ying said as he jokingly clutched onto his heart.

Seeing that it was a misunderstanding, Lan Zhan turned around and walked away. Wei Ying, remembering that he didn't have much money on him, decided to chase after this handsome, wealthy-looking man.

WWX: "Hey! Wait up! You need to compensate me!" After catching up to him, Wei Ying continued "Hey! Are you free? You seem to be alone. Why not I be kind and accompany you?"

LWJ: "..."

WWX: "Hey, I don't know your name yet. What's your name?"

LWJ: "..."

WWX: "Well, my name is Wei Ying, nice to meet you. Our skills seem to be on par. Not boasting but i'm number one in swordsmanship in my area and I finslly found a worthy rival! Your swordsmanship ain't bad! Oh yeah, looking closely, your forehead ribbon looks like the ones those in Gusu Lan Sect wear. Is this a trend in this area or what?"

LWJ: "..."

"Hey! Stop ignoring me!" Wei Ying pouted. Lan Zhan, keeping a straight face, kept on walking ahead, ignoring Wei Ying.

***NOTES***
SuiBian is Wei Ying's sword
BiChen is Lan Zhan's sword