Chapt 1 - Arranged Marriage 1

"Wei WuXian, get your ass moving! We have to reach Cloud Recesses in 2 days!" Jiang Cheng shouted as he used all his strength to drag Wei Ying out of Lotus Pier. Jiang Yanli stood on the boat, giggling at them again.

"Shi Jie! Help me! You can't sell me away to Cloud Recesses! I heard that they are very strict and that their food is very bland! I prefer Yunmeng! I want to stay and drink your lotus root and pork rib soup everyday!" Wei Ying screamed, trying to run back into Lotus Pier.

"Wei Ying, come over here" Jiang Fengmian spoke up.

"Uncle Jiang..." Wei Ying walked over, pouting while looking down. "Why do I suddenly have an arranged marriage..."

Jiang Fengmian signaled for the boat to set off, patting Wei Ying's head while saying, "This is not a sudden arranged marriage. Even though Lan Qiren didn't see eye to eye with your mother, he got along very well with your father. During the time they hung out together, they had already made such a promise."

Wei Ying raised his eyebrows while Jiang Cheng, baffled, questioned, "I thought Lan Qiren is still single?"

Jiang Yanli held Wei Ying's hand and said, "Have you heard of the Twin Jades of Gusu? They have been under Lan Qiren's care since young so he decided that he is still able to fulfil the promise. Your partner is the second young master of the Lan Sect, whose age is more similar to yours."

Jiang Cheng poked Wei Ying, teasing, "Twin Jades of Gusu, huh. I heard that they are very handsome, with incomparable beauty." He continued sarcastically "How lucky of you."

Wei Ying smacked Jiang Cheng in the back, "So what if they are the Twin Jades of Gusu? We are the Twin Prides of Yunmeng and hmm... though you might not meet the standards but I am definitely handsome enough!"

Jiang Cheng's face turned red with anger, "Wei WuXian, you...! You better behave yourself once we reach Cloud Recesses and not shame our Yunmeng Jiang Sect!"

Wei Ying turned around with a hmph, deciding to ignore Jiang Cheng.

*****

"Xiong Zhang..." Lan Zhan greeted softly.

"WangJi, I know that you accepted it for Uncle's sake but don't you at least want to know more about your partner? He is the eldest disciple of Yunmeng Jiang Sect, named..."

"Xiong Zhang, I would like to go down the mountain." Lan Zhan said, cutting off Lan XiChen.

Lan XiChen froze for a second but replied, "How long?"

"..."

"WangJi, you're still 16 this year so you have 2 more years to think it through carefully. Go down the mountain if you want. I'll cover for you." Lan XiChen said with a smile, being understanding towards Lan Zhan.

"... Thank you, Xiong Zhang."

***NOTES***
I decided to split the chapters into shorter ones so one chapter doesn't become too long if your find it boring!

Shi Jie is how Wei Ying calls Jiang Yanli
Xiong Zhang is how Lan Zhan calls Lan XiChen