Chapt 57 - Letter

Lan Zhan grabbed the items and nervously opened the letter. He read it in his mind anxiously.

"Lan Zhan,

To my Lan Zhan, I'm sorry. As much as I want to be with you, due to certain circumstances, I can't. Do I sound too serious? Haha...

I wanted to leave you without an explanation so that you would hate me but maybe you would understand me better this way and be able to forget me.

This ring is for you. My parents left it to me and it is meant to be for my lifelong partner. Even though I'm leaving you, I hope that you would be willing to wear this ring.

The past one and a half years have been the happiest moments in my life, and they will become my happiest memories.

Lan Zhan! Don't you dare forget me okay? That's what I really want to say. But, I can't be selfish. So instead, I'll ask of you to forget me. If you're happy, then I will be able to live my life a little happier.

It's true that I'm getting married soon, but its with a man I don't even know. But I'll get to know him as I live my life.

I love you, you know that right? I really do. It's been 5 days since we separated and I already missed you like crazy. That's why, don't look for me. Or I'll be in a difficult position.

Sorry that I won't be able to fulfil the many promises I made with you. My only regret is that I couldn't spend more time with you, couldn't fulfil those promises.

In my next life, next hundred thousand million billion lives, if you're still willing to be with me, I hope to be able to spend all of them with you.

Lan Zhan, I'm really very sorry that I have to leave and I'm really very grateful to you for everything. You really are the best thing that ever happened to me. I love you. Very much.

Wei Ying

When Lan Zhan finished reading, he had tears falling from his face. He regretted everything he just did. He knew that Wei Ying was lying on the hill.

He should have held on to Wei Ying, even if it was just for a little longer. He should have chased after Wei Ying. Lan Zhan was angry at himself, knowing that it was too late to find Wei Ying, since it's been a day since Wei Ying left.

Lan Zhan punched everything he could see around him. He closed his eyes while panting heavily, yet knowing he couldn't change anything.

Lan Zhan then started walking, and without knowing, had walked back to Cloud Recesses.

He walked in and happened to see Lan XiChen, who looked behind him before giving him a questioned look.

"Xiong Zhang, he... he doesn't want to come back with me. He said he can't. He... left me" Lan Zhan told Lan XiChen, his eyes bloodshot, his voice full of unspeakable sadness.

Lan XiChen was shocked. This was the first time he saw Lan Zhan looking like that. He hadn't heard Lan Zhan speak so much for some time already. "WangJi..."

LWJ: "Xiong Zhang, I wish to stay in the back mountains for half a year."

Lan XiChen: "Half a year... After that would be the arranged marriage. Are you sure... ?"

Lan Zhan said "I... don't want the arranged marriage..." He felt that he would not want to marry any other person. He knew that Wei Ying had his reasons but he wasn't willing to spend his life with anyone but Wei Ying.

LOTUS PIER
"ShiJie..." Wei Ying cried in Jiang Yanli's lap. He cried uncontrollably, to the extent where Jiang Yanli did not know what to do, only stroking his head as comfort.

Wei Ying had been crying the moment he started running down the hill. He looked at the ring and quickly wrote a letter at Yi An Town. After all, he still wanted Lan Zhan to be the one wearing the ring.

After asking someone to pass it to a man called 'Old Fashioned Boy', He ran all the way till he reached Lotus Pier and everyone was shocked by his appearance.

If it were serious physical pain, Wei Ying would bite it down and claim that it's nothing. However, such emotional pain was a first for him and he didn't know how to suppress it.

"Xian Xian... tell me more about him. You didn't say much previously"

"ShiJie... he's perfect. He's handsome, elegant, has a lot of money, watches out for me, cares for me, treats me differently and i can tell that he really really loves me! He really does and I really really love him to!" Wei Ying said while sniffing, feeling happier describing Lan Zhan. But as he thought about how he can't be with Lan Zhan, he started crying again.

"Xian Xian... that man must really be a good man! ... Xian Xian, if you really really want to be with him why don't you run away with him! I'll cover for you! Besides, I'm sure your parents want you to be happy, compared to
insisting on the arranged marriage." Jiang Yanli said encouragingly.

"ShiJie... but... but... I already told him I can't and I don't know how to contact him" Wei Ying said, crying again. Though he felt grateful towards Jiang Yanli, he couldn't tell anyone about the nightmare he had.

The next day, Wei Ying was in the meeting hall with the Jiang Family. "What?! You lost the wedding ring??" Jiang Cheng exclaimed.

Jiang FengMian knew that Wei Ying must have passed it to the man he loved. "A-Ying, it's fine but i take this as you've decided to continue with the arranged marriage?"

Wei Ying simply nodded his head. Jiang FengMian sighed in his heart, knowing the Jiang Family played an important role in his decision.

Yu ZiYuan, though she didn't show or say anything, left the hall as she felt that Wei Ying should have went along with his desire.

After all, they didn't know about the most important reason, which was Wei Ying's nightmare, which felt more real than reality.