Chapt 28 - Ghost Puppets 1

After Wei Ying calmed the woman down, he started asking her what has been going on in Silk Village.

The woman explained "After we have been separated, we have been kept in a room. They fed us the minimum and only took us out to... to rape us... We were tired of this and only wanted to escape. Yu Jiang was the one who gaves us hope, allowing us to pull through."

"Yu Jiang?" Wei Ying asked and glanced at Lan Zhan.

"The leader in this area favours Yu Jiang and often brings her out, letting her roam about. Hence, Yu Jiang has been helping us to communicate with the men of the village and take care of our children. We have been secretly communicating among ourselves and thinking of a way to escape. We plan to retaliate soon." The woman said.

Wei Ying and Lan Zhan looked at each other. Wei Ying then asked "How soon?"

The woman replied "In a week. How did you two know about us?"

"Mian Mian caught us outside and explained the situation. We're here to help." Wei Ying replied.

"Mian Mian! She got help! We thought... we thought something bad happened..." The woman said, on the brink of tears.

"So... what's your plan?" Wei Ying asked.

"In a week, Yu Jiang can meet the men again. She would get weapons for them and they would fight back. Though we have a low chance of winning, it's not impossible. This year they have reduced the men guarding here by a significant amount. I heard that they recently took over another village." The woman answered.

"We'll go to where the men are chained." Lan Zhan said coldly, still angry over what the woman did to Wei Ying.

"I'll go back to the women and tell them we have help!" The woman said, excitedly but got scared of Lan Zhan's cold aura. "Sorry for just now sir..." The woman said looking at Wei Ying.

"Wei Ying" Wei Ying answered smiling.

"Yes, sorry Wei Gong Zi" The woman said with a slight smile.

"It's fine" Wei Ying replied.

Lan Zhan looked at the door. He couldn't wait to leave this room but he didn't want to leave Wei Ying and the woman alone. He was shocked again when Wei Ying introduced himself with his birth name. Lan Zhan didn't want to hear them calling Wei Ying by his birth name.

Lan Zhan felt relieved when Wei Ying stepped out of the room. He thought 'Finally...' He just wanted to be alone with Wei Ying.

***

Soon, they reached the men quarters. However, they heard low growls and looked at each other with confusion. After entering the men quarters, they came to a realisation.

"Ghost puppets" Lan Zhan said.

"Mn" Wei Ying said, nodding his head. "But they are still alive."

"Alive?" Lan Zhan asked.

"Their eyes. These men must have been turned into ghost puppets as some sort of experiment. Mian Mian still thinks that they are labourers. What should we do?" Wei Ying asked.

"AHHHH! SECOND UNCLE! THIRD UNCLE! MR GAO! YU CHENG!..." A woman from behind screamed.

Wei Ying turned around to see Mian Mian in a shock standing between a tall, handsome young man clad in white cultivation robes and another sharp looking man in black cultivation robes. They didn't seem like an enemy.

Wei Ying asked "Mian Mian, what are you doing here? And who are these two handsome young man with you?"

Lan Zhan immediately glanced at the two men when Wei Ying called them handsome.

The handsome young man in white introduced himself with a gentle smile "My name is Xiao XingChen. We heard what happened from Mian Mian and this is my partner, ZiChen."

"Xiao XingChen, the bright moon and gentle breeze, Song Lan, the distant snow and cold frost. Together with ShuangHua and FuXue, your have achieved much as roaming cultivators." Lan Zhan said.

Wei Ying raised his brows as Lan Zhan suddenly said so much. 'Looks like these two are really respectable'.

Xiao XingChen bowed slightly and humbly shook his head.

Mian Mian was still shocked and confused. She was on the brink of tears. Wei Ying started comforting her, telling her that they are still alive. However, the woman called Yu Jiang betrayed them.

They then looked around the cage where the ghost puppets are locked up in. Mian Mian wanted to get closer but Xiao XingChen stopped her.

"It's dangerous to get too close."

Wei Ying grabbed one of the man's head and felt around. Everyone looked at him in shock as they wouldn't just grab a ghost puppet's head. Wei Ying then pulled out two long nails from that ghost puppet's head and the ghost puppet dropped to the floor.

"Yu Cheng!" Mian Mian shouted as she got close to him.

The young man called Yu Cheng started groaning and mumbled "What happened?"

Suddenly, a few man wearing red robes appeared. They didn't expect to see the 4 man with Mian Mian. "Look who we have here! Found you, little girl. You have grown well. We even have uninvited guests" One man said while smirking at the others.

They drew their swords and started attacking them. Seeing that the man regained conciousness, Wei Ying, Xiao XingChen and Mian Mian started pulling nails out of the villagers' heads while Lan Zhan and Song Lan calmly fought off the people in red.

***NOTES***
ShuangHua = Xiao XingChen's sword
FuXue = Song Lan's sword