Chapt 34 - Like 1

"Ow!" Wei Ying was suddenly smacked forward. Lan Zhan immediately turned back with hostility in his eyes.

Wei Ying turned around frowning, then his expression relaxed greatly. "JIANG CHENG!" Wei Ying shouted as he threw himself towards Jiang Cheng and gave his buddy a big hug.

Lan Zhan immediately frowned at the sight of Wei Ying hugging another man.

"Where have you been! You just left without a word! You're nothing but trouble!" Jiang Cheng nagged the moment he saw Wei Ying.

"I know I know." Wei Ying said with a wide grin, patting Jiang Cheng's back.

Lan Zhan stood by the side and watched them catch up with each other. He was sulking in his heart when something they said caught his attention.

"How's ShiJie?" Wei Ying asked.

"Now you remember A-Jie!" Jiang Cheng said with his usual annoyed tone.

"Come on, what do you mean? ShiJie is on my mind all the time okay?" Wei Ying whined.

"She's here too, we're staying at the inn right around this corner." Jiang Cheng said, knowing what's going to come.

"What?!" Wei Ying exclaimed. "Bring me to her! Bring me! Bring me!"

Jiang Cheng glanced at Lan Zhan. Wei Ying saw then asked "Lan Zhan, i'll go off for a while! Or... do you want to come along?"

Lan Zhan shook his head. Wei Ying then said "Wait for me at the inn! I'll be back!"

Wei Ying then dragged Jiang Cheng away, asking him to hurry bring him to ShiJie.

"ShiJie!" Wei Ying immediately ran towards ShiJie the moment he caught sight of her figure.

"A-Xian! What are you doing here!" Jiang Yanli exclaimed with a pleasant surprise.

"I have been travelling around with a partner I met near Gusu!" Wei Ying said happily. "What about you two?"

"Mother asked us to go to Lanling Jin Sect" Jiang Yanli said.

"Tch, to see that stupid flower peacock?" Wei Ying said.

Jiang Cheng nodded his head, approving of the nickname Wei Ying gave to Jin ZiXuan.

"Do not be rude." Jiang Yanli scolded them.

***

At the inn, Lan Zhan paced around. He was very curious about this ShiJie. He then decided to take a walk. Just a walk that happens to be near that inn.

Nearing the inn, he heard a very familiar voice "ShiJie, I really missed you and your lotus pork rib soup! You're the best!"

Though Lan Zhan felt like he shouldn't do this, he still peeked into the window by the inn and saw Wei Ying slurping up a bowl of soup. "Thanks ShiJie for the soup!"

What he saw next made him clench his fist and widened his eyes. His heart beat faster in nervousness and jealousy. Wei Ying rested his head on Jiang Yanli's lap. Jiang Yanli stroked Wei Ying's head while Wei Ying called out "ShiJie..."

Wei Ying then said "ShiJie, I was in an alley when a group of wild dogs surrounded me!"

Jiang Yanli immediately said "You must have been scared right? What happened next?"

Wei Ying said "Yea! I was scared to death! Luckily my partner brought me out of there. You know, ShiJie, at that time I really missed you! You would always help me chase them away"

Jiang Yanli gave Wei Ying a gentle smile. Remembering the incident, Wei Ying then asked "ShiJie, why does one person like another person?"

Lan Zhan immediately widened his eyes. 'Wei Ying was reminiscing about their past and suddenly asked this question. Is he about to confess to his ShiJie? Did being apart make him realize he likes his ShiJie?'

Jiang Yanli chuckled and said "Looks like our A-Xian haven't grown up!"

Wei Ying then whined and said "Xian Xian is 3 years old!"

Lan Zhan frowned at their intimacy. He felt a slight sharp pain in his heart, then turned around and walked back to the inn. He tried not to but still showed a dispirited look.

"Are you coming back with us? Lan Sect Leader has came with bridal gifts." Jiang Yanli asked.

Wei Ying sat up, remembering Lan Zhan. "No, ShiJie... I would like to stay out a little longer..."

"Alright, but come back soon okay?" Jiang Yanli said.

"Mn." Wei Ying said, nodding his head.