Chapt 33 - Sky Lantern

While waiting for evening to arrive, Wei Ying and Lan Zhan went to Silk Village.

On the way there, Wei Ying spotted something interesting. "Lan Zhan, Lan Zhan, come over! You'll be interested in this!" Wei Ying shouted while waving his arm to Lan Zhan.

Lan Zhan came over. When Wei Ying opened what he wanted to show Lan Zhan, Lan Zhan's face immediately turned red. "You! How could you!..." Lan Zhan stuttered, lost and embarrassed.

"Hahahaha" Wei Ying burst out laughing. Lan Zhan's reaction was way more exaggerated than what he expected. "I knew you haven't seen this before! I've let you gain knowledge, eh?"

"You!... This kind of thing... of course not!" Lan Zhan said, trying to maintain calm.

"Lan Zhan, don't be shy. I have a few other books at home if you want to see!" Wei Ying teased.

"I don't" Lan Zhan exclaimed and walked away.

Wei Ying was still laughing. At that moment, he felt that using the pornography book to get Lan Zhan's reactions was more entertaining than reading it.

***

When they reached the entrance of the alley, Lan Zhan and Wei Ying mounted BiChen. Wei Ying clung onto Lan Zhan, prepared to hide himself from all the barkings and growlings, just to realise that the dogs have gone away.

When the reached the entrance of Silk Village, Wei Ying embarrassedly got off BiChen while under Lan Zhan's emotionless face, he was beaming from ear to ear.

They checked on Silk Village and to their surprise, Silk Village recovered rather quickly. They split their jobs, some in charge of farming, some in charge of gathering silkworms, some trained to get stronger.

Things were smooth but the only thing that disturbed Lan Zhan was Wei Ying flirting with Mian Mian. When they left, Lan Zhan tried his best to persuade Wei Ying to mount on BiChen.

Wei Ying rejected, saying Mian Mian told him that the dogs have not appeared after losing their leader.

Lan Zhan refuted it, saying the dogs may be hiding and might come back and if they suddenly appeared, he might not be able to immediately save Wei Ying. In his heart, he was more determined to make Wei Ying mount on BiChen with him after hearing him mention Mian Mian.

Wei Ying thought about it and if the dogs really came out, he would be in trouble. Hence, he gave in and mounted BiChen with Lan Zhan.

Lan Zhan reduced his speed on BiChen, using the excuse of checking out the area, so that Wei Ying stayed in his arms a little longer.

***

Evening came and they bought a lantern. Each of them took two sides. Lan Zhan wrote down all the well wishes and blessings he wanted to.

He also wrote 'Lan Zhan and Wei Ying' at the bottom, right below 'Happiness'. If Wei Ying saw, Lan Zhan would just say he wrote that because this lantern belonged to both of them and he had a habit to write down the owner's name.

Wei Ying used one side to write down all the well wishes and on the other, he decided to draw the yin yang rabbit keychains he bought.

Feeling around, he only found the yang (white) side. Wei Ying immediately panicked. "Lan Zhan! I lost the yin (black) side of the rabbit keychain! What should I do? They're supposed to be a pair! How could I have lost it? I don't remember dropping it! I still had it with me yesterday!"

Lan Zhan didn't know what to say. Last night, the culprit was staring lovingly at Wei Ying. The culprit was feeling jealous of Wei Ying flirting with others. The rabbit had been on the culprit's mind for some time so the culprit decided to stealthily take away the yin (black) side, which resembled the victim, while the victim was asleep.

Wei Ying sulked a little at the loss of the yin side, then continued drawing it based on his memory. When he was done, he proudly showed off to Lan Zhan.

"Look! Cute right?" Wei Ying showed off.

Lan Zhan was amazed at the drawing and nodded his head. "Cute... Both..." Lan Zhan mumbled, getting a huge grin from Wei Ying.

Wei Ying nodded his head, thinking he drew both rabbits well. Little did he know, Lan Zhan meant both the drawing and the person who drew it. They then released the lantern together.

"I wish that I, Wei WuXian, can help and protect the weak my whole life, with a good conscience" Wei Ying said with his eyes closed, hands clasped together.

Lan Zhan looked at Wei Ying and smiled thinking 'Mn, I really like this man'. He then clasped his hand and silently wished 'I wish that I, Lan WangJi, can help and protect the weak my whole life, with a good conscience'.

Wei Ying was watching the lantern fly off into the clouds while Lan Zhan stared at Wei Ying, thinking of how this man was not only cute, mischevious, good at cultivation but also righteous, giving Lan Zhan another reason to like this man.

Under the late evening sky, Wei Ying's beautiful features stood out more, grasping Lan Zhan's attention.

Wei Ying turned to face Lan Zhan just to see Lan Zhan staring at him. "Lan Zhan, why are you staring at me like that? You're jealous that i'm handsome right?"

"Shameless" Lan Zhan said and turned around, heading back to the inn. Wei Ying grinned and followed him but wondered why Lan Zhan was staring at him.