Chapt 24 - Wound

Lan Zhan came back soon. He did his business as quick as possible, cleaned up his wound and tidied himself, placing a calm expression again.

As soon as Lan Zhan walked into the room, Wei Ying jumped and held Lan Zhan like a koala bear again.

"I thought you went to change?" Wei Ying asked innocently. He wanted to continue teasing Lan Zhan so he continued acting scared.

"I... I... I decided not to." Lan Zhan stuttered.

Wei Ying buried his face in Lan Zhan's neck and Lan Zhan couldn't see that Wei Ying was actually grinning.

Lan Zhan carried Wei Ying over to the bed. This room had two beds so a single bed might be a little squeezy for them.

Right after Lan Zhan tucked both of them under the covers, Wei Ying sat up "Lan Zhan, I think it's better for me to..."

"Sleep. It's late." Lan Zhan interrupted Wei Ying, who was about to suggest that they sleep in separate beds after all.

Lan Zhan used his hand and lightly pushed Wei Ying into a lying down position before bringing Wei Ying closer to him.

They both laid on their sides, facing each other, with Lan Zhan's hands wrapped around Wei Ying. Wei Ying leaned against Lan Zhan's wide chest.

Both of them blushed a little, but both were happy and comfortable and fell asleep like that.

***

Lan Zhan woke up early, as usual. He stared at Wei Ying who was sleeping in his arms. Wei Ying looked perfect to Lan Zhan. Cute, handsome, innocent, mischevious, pure...

He wished that he could wake up to seeing Wei Ying sleeping so soundly in his arms everyday.

"Morning, Wei Ying" Lan Zhan said with a slight smile on his face.

"Morning, Lan Zhan" Wei Ying replied as he snuggled against Lan Zhan's chest, his eyes still closed.

Lan Zhan was shocked. He didn't expect Wei Ying to be awake. Embarrassment flooded him as his ears turn pink.

"Do you always say good morning to me?" Wei Ying teased.

"No!" Lan Zhan immediately said and got off the bed.

After seeing Lan Zhan's wound on the leg, Wei Ying then remembered that he got bitten last night. "Lan Zhan! Your leg! I'm sorry..."

Lan Zhan shook his head and said "It's fine"

Wei Ying still felt bad. He waved for Lan Zhan to come over. "Let me see, I'll put medication for you."

Lan Zhan hesitantly sat at the edge of the bed and Wei Ying squatted on the floor, rolling Lan Zhan's pants up. The wound had re-opened during the night.

Wei Ying winced at the bite mark. It was something he was so familiar with when he was young. Lan Zhan saw and said "You don't have to."

Wei Ying grabbed some ointment and bandages from the cupboard and placed it beside Lan Zhan's leg. "It's fine, I'll do it. Sorry for last night..."

It was rare to see Wei Ying looking so serious and feeling so guilty. Lan Zhan decided to let Wei Ying have his way.

While Wei Ying applied the ointment, he also blew on the wound. When Wei Ying applied medicine on one of the deepest cuts, it made Lan Zhan flinch a little.

Wei Ying saw Lan Zhan flinch. Tears started welling up in his eyes. "Sorry..., it must hurt right?"

Lan Zhan shook his head saying "It's fine". It wasn't painful to Lan Zhan and he didn't want Wei Ying to feel bad.

Wei Ying felt that Lan Zhan was lying to make him not feel bad. After all, he was bitten often when he was young and he knew clearly how much it hurt. "Sorry..."

Wei Ying kept apologising while applying ointment on the wound and occasionally blowing on it.

LWJ: "Stop apologising. It's not your fault."

WWX: "...Sorry..."

LWJ: "If you say "Sorry" again, I'm going to leave you behind."

Wei Ying's lips folded inwards immediately. Lan Zhan found it cute. This was one expression he hadn't seen on Wei Ying.

Lan Zhan decided to talk about the alley they went past yesterday. "Wei Ying, there's something weird with the alley yesterday"

Wei Ying nodded his head while bandaging Lan Zhan's leg. "Mn, I have never seen so many wild dogs working together before."

"Not only that. There seemed to be a village area nearing the end of the alley." Lan Zhan commented.

"... If you don't wish to, I can check it out alone." Lan Zhan said, breaking the silence.

"... I... I'll go! You said you won't leave me alone." Wei Ying replied.

Hence, they decided to check out the alley together.