Chapt 26 - Silk Village 2

"They didn't discover you?" Wei Ying asked.

"They did. But... one of them suggested playing hide-and-seek. Whoever caught me could have me to himself... so they let me off first" The maiden replied. "I have been hiding more carefully ever since. If I get caught, I won't even be able to think of escaping."

"Well... I caught you!" Wei Ying said with a grin, while moving his head closer to the maiden. The maiden blushed a little "I... I..."

"Wei Ying! Stop fooling around!" Lan Zhan said. He felt so angry. 'Does Wei Ying want the maiden to himself? I... What about me... Wei Ying, I want you to myself too. Stop flirting with others...' Lan Zhan thought, hoping Wei Ying would stop flirting and look only at Lan Zhan.

"Lan Zhan, I did catch her though..." Wei Ying pouted a little. "Anyway, do you know what their purpose is?" Wei Ying continued.

The maiden replied "I'm not too sure... but I did hear that this isn't the first place to have been overtaken. They have their people around different places. I heard that they were planning to take over villages, then towns, then sects and at the end, become the only sect standing."

"That's some big ambition they have" Wei Ying said sarcastically. "By the way, I don't know your name yet! You are?" Wei Ying said, raising his eyebrows. Lan Zhan clenched his fist again.

"I... You can call me Mian Mian" The miaden said shyly.

"Mian Mian! Hi! You can call me Yuan Dao!" Wei Ying said, grinning widely.

"Play of words." Lan Zhan said, unhappily.

"Play of words? Ah! Whose thinking about you" Mian Mian said, blushing, making Wei Ying giggle.

Lan Zhan looked at the both of them flirting around with anger in his eyes. He fiddled around with BiChen.

"You can call me Wei Ying." Lan Zhan snapped when he heard this. Wei Ying just met her and asked her to call him by his birth name?

"Wei... Wei... Wei Gong Zi" Mian Mian tried calling Wei Ying but failed as she was embarrassed. "Please help me. I want all the villagers to escape safely too."

WWX: "Of course we'll help! But you stay here."

Mian Mian: "But... I..."

WWX: "Stay here. The two of us are enough. Help us keep watch okay?"

Mian Mian: "... Alright... Let me make a rough map of the area for you first."

***

Lan Zhan and Wei Ying entered the village. There wasn't anyone around. Mian Mian told them that the cultivators would usually just guard the place the villagers are held and around the mountain.

"Lan Zhan, why do you think they kept the villagers alive?" Wei Ying asked.

"Pleasure. And for future followers." Lan Zhan replied.

Wei Ying nodded his head. "Yea, those kids that come out strong will definitely be favoured by them and become the future leaders. What about the men? Lan Zhan ah, the first thing you mentioned was pleasure. Is that on your mind all the time?" Wei Ying teased.

"You!" Lan Zhan said embarrassed. "I'm not sure why they kept the men alive."

"Hahaha" Wei Ying laughed at Lan Zhan being embarrassed. He changed the topic "Don't you think Mian Mian is so good? She drew a map for us so quickly! She seems gentle and pretty too."

Lan Zhan grabbed BiChen tighter and walked ahead, ignoring Wei Ying. "Wait for me! Why are you speeding up!" Wei Ying shouted at him.

***

They soon reached the area used to held women. It was the biggest house in the village, where the villagers occasionally gathered for celebrations and meetings and stuff.

They peeked their heads in but there didn't seem to be anyone. They entered rooms after rooms. Most of the rooms were messy, tables toppled and things all over the place.

They entered a room, which was the only one on the first level that had a bed. Suddenly, the floorboard creak. Wei Ying grabbed Lan Zhan's wrist, finding a place to hide. He saw a cupboard, laying horizontally.

Wei Ying pulled Lan Zhan behind but Lan Zhan tripped and fell on Wei Ying. Lan Zhan was about to get up when the door opened. Wei Ying held on to Lan Zhan to prevent them from being discovered.

"Stop! Stop! Let me go!" The woman screamed.

Wei Ying wanted to come out and help the woman but Lan Zhan stopped Wei Ying, signaling for him to wait a while first. Lan Zhan felt Wei Ying's grip tighten around his wrist.

"Hey, stop screaming. You can stop faking it. They won't hear you from here." A man's voice sounded.

"Dear, when are we leaving this place?" The woman asked, suddenly changing her tone to a flirting tone.

"Not yet... Seriously, we've dug up almost everywhere but they still believe that it's hidden here. Besides that, I really need to compliment you darling. You have been acting so well for so many years. The rest totally trusts you, still thinking they can make it out! Darling, won't you be sad when we kill them in a week? I can leave 1 or 2 behind for you." The man said as they sat on the bed and he caressed the woman's hand.

"Dear, I only need you. You treat me better than they do. They can't give me the love or pleasure you do." The woman whispered into the man's ear.

The man stood up and took off his top. He aggressively kissed the woman as he pulled on the woman's top. The woman used one hand to ruffle through the man's hair and placed the other on the man's chest.

The man became more aggressive and pushed the woman down, then got on top of her. They talked dirty to each other and moaned while kissing and stripping.

***NOTES***
Mian Mian Si Yuan Dao is part of a poem.
Si means thinking of or missing.
Wei Ying joked that Mian Mian was thinking of him.