21

Chapter 21

Felix

I led my men across the town and along the shores of the lake on the east border of the pack lands. The paws of my warriors pounded against the ground like thunder echoing the beat of my own heart.

It was an hour later that we stopped at the warehouse that haunted my vision when I passed out. My wolf tells me she is in there.

I feel encouraged.

But I don't know how long she'll last being alive.

I bolted forward not affording to wait long when I busted through the door with my men in tow. His men stood alert in seconds shifting into wolves the second they saw us. I didn't wait for a dramatic stare down and launched into the air lunging at the first monster that had Crystal's scent.

Then all I saw was red as I ripped wolves limp from limp.

Look for mate!!! My wolf begged and pleaded as I tore apart another bastard. My anger turned to panic as I searched the large war filled room hoping for a scent of my mate. The air reeked of blood. Her scent was washed out and it was driving me crazy.

Go, Felix look for her. Jordan and I will handle the rest.

Blake broke through the mind link and his coffee colored wolf nodded me off and got back into action. The fighting was intense. Wolf bodies flew in the air as I ran past and under the chaos.

Crystal has to be in here somewhere. I am certain of it.

A door broke open revealing the man I had been tracking and keeping Crystal away from. His muscles flexed under his tank top and his jaw clenched sharply as he saw me. The pitch black abyss in his eyes started at me ready for the kill. I had never fully understood his intentions with her and that alone made me an insane mess.

I knew I had to be tactical to actually get through that door he walked out of. My sense of logic rushed away as soon as my eyes locked on his teeth as he snarled at me. There was blood and I could smell for sure that it wasn't his.

My wolf lunged straight for his throat knocking him off his feet and stumbling into the room that ached my heart the most.

He had a metal grip on my paws but the surge of raging adrenaline kept mine stronger. His face tuned pale but his eyes kept strong.

He struggled beneath me as I held his throat with an iron grip. My claws dug into his pathetic flesh watching his eyes roll to the back of his head. His body turned limp and I tossed it away.

My nose twitched in the air and I winced. There was blood and a whole pool of it. I couldn't stop my whimper when I gazed at the bloodied body hanging above it.

Her long legs were bruised red and blue and the black dress she had on was shredded at her waist with a deep claw scratch. Her back was arched front in a painful angle and her head fell before her limp and lifeless. Her long blood stained locks hid her face from me.

I cried.

I shifted back to my human form not giving a damn that I was stark naked then I approached her. I held her to me gently and snapped the chains that bound her allowing her fall into my arms.

I brushed away the locks from her face and the tears just spewed like a broken dam. Her cheek was so red it look like he bit a chunk of it. Her right eye was glued shut and her left one lay half open gazing at nothing.

A howl escaped my chest as I hugged her body close to me begging for a little pulse in her neck to let me know she is alive.

I placed two fingers at her neck praying silently.