60

60

The D-day would have simpler if that was what it was. It was more a of D week. The basement filled with the bleeding witches was the first target. Margot healed very quickly enough from her injuries to begin her part of the part. She slipped through the chains with ease and landed on her feet smoothly.

The room was filled with the scent of death looming over her former allies and family. But then again no one forced them to pick the wrong side. She sealed off the only door with her magic and sent out her own bird cry to the rest. Letting them know she was in position.

Not a minute later, Danny portaled in with stomping his feet in frustration and flinching in disgust at the revolting smell of his new surroundings.

"I thought I would be at the fore front. This is just ridiculous!" Danny stomped angrily.

He looked around and gagged.

"Where are we starting?" He asked and led in the calvary. Many more witches dressed in medical gear started rolling in from the portal carrying streatchers and masks covering their faces.

Margot raised an eyebrow at the choice of attire. Danny shrugged.

"You never know," Danny shrugged, "I am too young to die from a communicable disease,"

**

"Right this way every one." Amy announced allowing the humans that did survive a way out of the city through the woods. Most of them were children, Young and preteen, scared looking little ones with no place to go.

The older woman she had talked to at the WITHERSTONE office was watching her closely as she led the people out of the city. Amy hiffed. She knew she wasn't trusted but this was over the top.

"I thought I would get to be at the front line," Amy muttered under her breath in annoyance, "This is ridiculous!"

She sighed and plastered a kind smile on her face for the children. There would be more witches on the other side prepared to receive them and wipe their memories.

They were children. They needn't remember such horrible memories.

"You need to move faster," the older woman advised.

Amy rolled her eyes and nodded.

"This would be a lot faster if you helped instead of watching me like that," she retorted, "And also is maybe we talked and I don't know exchanged names. You already know who I am," Amy smiled and received no reaction from the lady.

Anyway...

**

The old man who had been in the office stood at the borderline of the town in the west.

"Really?" he asked with his eyes glazed over talking to his other partners. Danny shrugged and Amy nodded to his old friend who was behind her watching her like a hawk.

"I thought I would get to be on the front line," He whined stomping angrily.

"What is your name, stranger?" Amy asked her eyes twinkling as she did so.

"Carl, why do you want to know my name though?" He asked and Amy cut the link as she turned to throw her tongue at the old lady.

Carl sighed.

"Don't be so grumpy, Carl," Danny told him while plugging his Nose, At least you got the border. I get to transport bleeding bodies carrying who knows what kind of germs to MY territory."

Carl snickered.

"It's disgusting."

Danny cut off to.