28

28

"There is such a thing called clothes," Felix stated. Blake walked around him to get to the batch of cookies and add it to his plate.

"And there is such a thing as insomnia," He replied, keeping his initiative as he added another cup cake, "She clearly lost track of time."

"Did you see the way James was looking at her," Felix groaned dramatically and Blake rolled his eyes.

"James, Milagro's husband, James? Ha!" Blake replied, "He rather be caught dead than look at a woman that isn't his lovely 10 level witch from hell wife."

Blake moved to the fridge and grabbed a whole carton of milk while Felix continued to pout.

"Its not like she was naked, man. She was in her pyjamas. Pyjamas you helped her buy." Blake pointed out as he straightened his tray.

"I will be in the study if you need me and call me if there are any left overs," He added as he made his way out of the kitchen.

**

"This tastes amazing!! Who taught you this!"

"I used to bake a while ago before everything got a little crazy." I smiled at Margot as she devoured her share.

The witches coven seemed to enjoy the various flavours of my breakdown baking and I was glad. Everyone had breakfast. Blake even had more,

"Crystal dear what do you want to be when you grow up?" One of the older women asked. Her smile was friendly enough for me to trust.

"Not so certain yet. I wanted to be a doctor then a lawyer, now I am thinking more entrepreneur." I answered and she nodded proudly.

"Have you finished high school yet?" She asked.

"Not yet but soon."

Every one was friendly or at least acted like it. There was this feeling I could not quite shake like there was something I was missing. Felix was in the kitchen sulking and eating my treats. I smiled. He was eating my treats rather than wolf out on me for giving his guests an eye full of my body.

Conveniently enough my closet was packed with new pyjamas. The cloaks of the harry potter days that covered one's body to the top of the toe nails. Like I was wearing that hot mess to bed. My body gotta breath.

"Crystal!"

Ah yes. Amy was here to pick me up. Finally. It was Saturday and we had plans. I was relieved.

She strolled in with her megawatt smile completely missing the horde of uniformly dressed people of all ages. They loved the colour black. It looked a little weird in an evil cult kind of way. What ever happened to violet? Or indigo may be even some royal blue.

"Yes, Amy." I rose to my feet and ushered her out of the living room before any of them would try to strangle her with any more house amenities.

"Since Lola is unavailable again, it will just be you and I." She grinned.

Lola is residing safely under the blankets of her mate's bed. We have not spent as much time with her lately.

Once we were out the door, Amy pulled me as fast as she could to her car and drove through the gates so fast the car missed the gate by a scratch.

"Hold on, what is the rush?" I asked holding to my seat belt for dear life. The windows were down. The wind was blowing back my hair like in those action movies where for some reason it was necessary to move at that ungodly speed.

My eyes closed out of fear as I secured my position in the car before I could fly out.

"Are you crazy? Do you want to get us killed? For the love of all things comfortable. SLOOOWWWW DOWMNN!"

Alas my screams fell on deaf ears. The crazy girl sped through traffic and ran only how many red lights before she swerved the car so fast and parallel parked across the mall we usually went to like a pro.

My chest was heaving, my heart was in panic mode.

"What the hell?"

Amy took out her keys and stuffed them into her purse before turning to me. Her eyes were not as bright as they were this morning when she walked in. She had bags under her eyes and she kept stretching her neck and rubbing her temples. When she did finally turn to me, she said the most unusual thing.

"You need to leave that house."

There was ringing in my ears and loud thudding in my chest. So of course I told myself I couldn't have heard that right.

"You need to leave that house, Crystal." she said again, "I know what I saw, I know what I felt when that blanket tried to kill me."

I stiffened.

"I know what that weird girl was trying to do when she put to me to sleep."She continued and my jaw dropped.

She rolled her eyes.

"I admit I could understand why they would consider me stupid. I barely pass my classes because of all the time I spend training the cheerleading squad and I spend all that time with you talking about nonsense," she chuckled humorlessly.

"But I have never been stupid, Crystal." she glared at me, "I Let it slide every time you got hurt after the stabbing. How no one seemed to want to get the police involved," she laughed again.

"Or how conveniently only Felix's father, the head of P.D was on your case or should I say covering it up."

My mouth went dry.

"I chose to ignore that stabbing part of our brain that tells you to read between the lines," she explained, "Because it would be very far fetched a theory."

Then she shrugged.

"Then a blanket tries to smother me to death and..." she clicked her tongue, "All rational thinking flies out the window don't you think. Same night you get stabbed again as you slept. That almost drove me crazy, Crystal."

I shifted uncomfortably as I stared at her. The words could barely form in my mind to try to reply to her. Not that she was asking any questions. She was stating her findings. I couldn't help but feel impressed at her composure. With exception to the dark circles under her eyes and her maniac driving.

"I stayed quiet for months after your other accident which is still a mystery to me," she confessed rubbing her eyes tiredly.

Before I knew it she grabbed my shoulders shaking me for answers as she stared at me with determination.

"Who the heck is that mind reading voodoo bitch?" she asked very violently, "And what has she and the mob of cult members got to do with you?"

Ironically she asks the only two questions I really don't know the answer to.

"And where do Felix, Blake and Jordan fit in to all this?" She asked. Her eyes begging for answers. I hated how all the confusion troubled her. I hated that she knew. How did she know?

Questions for another time, Crystal. Priorities.

I sighed.

I thought when I left the house, I was getting some air from all the craziness. Amy just tore through the roads and manage to parallel park like a bad ass with no speeding ticket and is now aware of a life that could get us both committed to an asylum should we utter a word of it.

My life sucks.