46

46

The rain came down heavy that day. Thunders had corrupted the skies. Nevertheless the wolves were assembled facing their alpha as he barked orders left and right. He had them marching and sparring against each other. These were boys barely 17 for most of them. All the seniors, their parents, were oblivious to the wrinkling skin of their children or the shivers that wrecked their bodies through the night. The cold sweats and the harsh night mares from the fear of being torn apart by the person they were raised to recognize as their leader.

It was reaching the third week of the heavy duty training when the south pack gates opened. The training warriors were alert and ready standing infront of the mansion guarding their alpha from the imprnding approach. The loud charging of footsteps was a clar indication of the large number of people. The light shaking of the ground showed the strength hidden inside of them. The alpha stood steady infront of the mansion facing the south gates watching the blur of the angry crowd grow closer and closer to his mansion.

The sun started to rise as the rain came down in a drizzle. Unclucky for the young wolves, the crowd moved in faster than either of them had anticipated. The front line was brought to their knees before they could have connected to their wolves for support.

The rest of the wolfves barely had time to react before the masked attackers had their boots and knives pressing down on their submissive necks. The humiliation of this defeat had dug and cracked deep into the core of the alpha's pride. Seeing as he was the only one still left standing among the face shielding chaos.

"OH MY GOD!"

Margot exclaimed just walking in on everything. The alpha stood corrected as he now counted the witch.

"What in the world-

Blake.

"Happened here."

Jordan.

Even his top ranked wolves and witch had not bothered to show up to the chaos to begin with. The growl rumbled low and quiet in his chest growing smoothly and wildly.

"Growl at me, you little mutt. I dare you."

The growl was swallowed into his throat the second that familiar voice reached his ears. There was a sharp prick of pain at the back of his neck. He slumped to his knees in defeat. His eyes locked with the darker ones of the only person who could ever make him physically submit.

"Father."

The older wolf growled in warning and the young alpha lowered his gaze.

Margot slowly backed away and disappeared into the house while Blake and Jordan stood jaw dropped at the entire scene. The attacking wolves lowered their masks and stood over their children with disappointment in their eyes.

"This is not how we expected you to handle things," One mother spoke as she kneed her boy one more time.

"It is not his fault," the alpha muttered, "None of them really had a choice anyway."

He confessed, " I was desperate enough not to let their humans take time to volunteer. I used their submission against them."

Outraged, his father smacked him across the face leaving a cut lip.

"How dare you!" The senior growled.

The young alpha chuckled darkly and dared to raise his head to meet his father's strong glare, " I was desperate."

The look in his eyes, his father recognized at last. There was loss and guilt. He could see that his Felix was too far gone in his own superiority complex that he had lost the reigns so his wolf had taken over. With the way that his pupils had dilated, he could see that his son was not going to last much longer with his wolf in control. This was not what he expected when he came back.

"Alpha," One of the other seniors called.

" I was desperate." The young alpha continued, "I couldn't let her go not again. Not again. I was desperate."

With those last words, his wolf wavered in control and he collapsed.

The father stood up in shock along with the rest of them. Blake and Jordan quickly rushed over to Felix. His vitals were weak.

"Take him to his room, "His father ordered, "And tell that witch to find out what the hell is wrong with him."

Blake and Jordan obliged and took him inside.

All the other warriors were released from the previous order and immediately started to relax. The parents mummured among themselves about the possible cause for the little alpha's loss of consciousness.

"Gather inside everyone,"

Mr Black slowly followed behind his people as he analysed the situation in his head. He had been gone, he admitted. Maybe his son was not ready to be alpha.

And Crystal, he thought, was too young to be going through things like this.

What was he going to do? How was he going to get his son and his mate, and his pack out of this unscathed.

"Alpha," Blake greeted.

"Blake." Mr Black acknowledged, "Would you like to fill me in?"

Blake nodded adamantly, "Yes of course."

Mr Black and Blake took a detour on his way to address the people and walked the halls as Blake told him of what was happening in his absence. This way, the gaps were starting to create a path that he would take to find a solution to all this mess. They reached the rom where Margot was nursing Felix and he sighed. He hadn't expected it to be this bad.

"His wolf is weak," Margot said, "The energy he expelled fighting and maintaining control is taking a toll on him. If he held on any longer, it would have been fatal." She explained.

"Was his wolf always weak?" Mr Black had to ask.

Margot sighed," His wolf re-created the broken bond with Crystal."

"Broken bond?" He questioned.

Another sigh followed.

"Crystal died. His wolf brought her back using the bond and that took half of his energy." She explained, " Unless he takes a break from his wolf, he might die."

"Seeing as the current situation does not call for his cooperation, might I suggest my idea?" Margot proposed.

Mr Black looked at Blake for approval of her sincerity and he nodded. This witch was the daughter of one of the most cunning coven leaders history had ever recorder. She was far from trust worthy.

He looked at his troubled unconscious son and worried for his life. Things were not supposed to have gone this wrong. How had he missed the clues that would show if this would happen. How could he lead the rest of his people into a battle where the odds are no where near favourable for their existence.

This bond between Crystal and his son had become too much a danger to ignore.