31

31

Blake stood frozen murmuring gibberish while gesturing at nothing he paced for few minutes turned to me then shook his head and continued pacing again.

Eventually I left him and went to check on my treats. Blake didn't follow and I figured he had another theory he went to explore in the depths of the library.

**

It was Monday at last. The long break from school was over. I could be around normal people again. My old locker waited for me as always in the middle of the hall. I breathed in the smell of over used body spray and smiled. I was in teenager world again.

Amy rushed past me and practically ran to her locker. She hurriedly threw her bag inside and grabbed some books before rushing away again. she didn't give me a chance to say hi. My mind wandered to all that she now knew. I would understand if she need some space. From what I remember we were okay. She has no more reason to be mad at me.

The bell rung signalling the start of the first class. My day had begun. I could finally go to literature again.

I settled in my usual seat and got out my notes. The teacher didn't seem to curious at my return. He barely glanced my way.

Then a new face walked in. Not so much new to me but the rest of the class. Yeah sure. Margot walked up to the teacher and passed him a note. They shared a few words and I saw gesturing then pointing. And before I knew what was happening she was walking my way and settling in the empty seat next to me.

"Hi."

My eye twitched.

"Hi" I replied curtly.

The sourness from her mother's little experiment had yet to pass. Not only was it just plain rude. It was utterly horrifying. Why make same one relive such horrible moments in their life? She hadn't been bothered to ask.

"....page 85."

I got out of my head to catch the tail end of whatever Mr Ross was saying. Hopefully he still just gave random poems that we had to study and summarise. I opened the page.

"I wanted to apologise for my mother, last night. She was..." she trailed off, "she just wanted to say she was sorry and it wont happen again."

It better not.

The rest of the lesson went by in silence and for that I was grateful. When the bell signalled the end of class, I was more than happy to move on to somewhere where the devil's spawn wasn't.

"Crystal Cane." Mr Ross summoned.

I walked to his desk.

"Seeing as you are late and behind. I would like to offer you a set of work that will help you catch up with the rest of the class." He stated firmly. His eyes were looking over the attendance over the past few weeks and of course my name had empty boxes all throughout. damn it super natural sick days.

"If you do want to graduate, you need a C in my class." He stressed. He opened a drawer pulled out a list.

"There is a list of poems that we have done in your absence. I do not like electronic work. Please return with a written analysis of each of the poems as soon as two weeks. If you can get it done sooner, the better."

He thrust the paper into my arms.

I sighed.

"Yes, sir."

Math wasn't any kinder. Neither was Chemistry or Physics. I was behind on so much practical work, I thought of camping out in the school parking lot for the next few weeks to get the work done.

"Stressful day."

Luke joined me in the hallway. I don't even remember the last time we hung out together.

"You wouldn't believe." I muttered.

"I can lend you some notes if you want," He suggested.

"Yes please." I sighed dramatically pulling him into a grateful hug. He laughed.

"I feel like we haven't talked in ages. Where have you been Crystal?" He asked and I resisted the urge to flinch. He always called me Gemmy. Were we becoming distant?

"Out of commission mostly." I said honestly. And dealing with literal fiction night mares.

"We have to change that. I miss my best friend," he admitted blushing and I pinched his pink cheeks chuckling.

"I miss mine too." I sighed in agreement. How could I have been so self-involved?

"Okay today after school come home and lets start on getting you all caught up before you end up repeating a year." He said and I nodded following into the library.

"Let's start with the maths section." He muttered leading me there, "You will need...this..this.." he said while he grabbed the books and handed them to me one by one from the shelf.

"Getting everything today would literally break your back." He said chuckling as he looked at me.

I scowled.

"Come, you are riding with me." He ordered and helped me check ouyt the books with the librarian.

"Luke, hey I have been looking for you every where," Amy walked in smiling like the cheerleader she is. Luke's face brightened and he welcomed her with such a cute hug. They proceeded to share a kiss that had the librarian coughing to stop them.

"What are you doing tonight?" she asked.

"Helping Crystal with maths. Wanna join and make it a threesome?" he wiggled his eye brows and she frowned.

"You know I am just kidding right." He chuckled nervously and she shook her head.
"I cant come tonight... umm there's something I have ...with my mum." She said took off not giving look a chance to stop her.

"What was that about?"

Now I knew for sure she was avoiding me. Question is why?

"I have no idea." I muttered silently. He shrugged and grabbed half of the books. I carried the other half and together we went to his home to study.

I should text Felix before he gets dramatic.