26

26

" Your friend will not remember anything from the past two hours." Margot told Felix as I lay there under the eyes of scrutiny of his doctor.

"As for what happened to you or dear Crystal, it will happen again. There is a bounty on your head." She stated and I sat up suddenly.

"A what?!"

I didn't mean to yell, I swear but oh well.

"A bounty! You have to be kidding me! I thought you killed the maniac who was after me, Felix!"

I ended up sending him daggers. He flinched.

"I did, I am pretty sure I did." He said his voice higher than usual as he raised his hands in surrender, "No one officially know about you so I don't know who did this."

Then Margot conveniently coughed, "Liar."

I glared at Felix harder. The doctor finished stitching me up and left without a word.

"I have been stabbed twice, knocked by car and beaten till I could not decipher reality so please do not use this moment to try to lie to me again," I threatened.

"There are witches in the house. Beings I never even reached to read about because of all the crap that keeps invading my life. Tell me why they are here and why I am on the supernatural hit list!" I demanded.

Margot stepped in closer, "On second thought I like her." she smirked crossing her arms in pride.

I finally decided to get a good look at her while Felix weighed his options. Margot was a thick curvy lady with serious black curls in her dark hair. Her eyes were a bright maroon now as she stared at me.

"Margot can do better with the whole explaining thing," Felix sighed in defeat, "I don't quite understand it either."

Margot grinned, "Yay me!"

Then an older version of her walked in shaking her head, "No, Margot you don't get to do that after what you almost did to her best friend." she scolded and Margot flinched back.

"You know that was an accident, mama." Margot defended and the woman rolled her eyes.

"Yeah right." She glared.

Felix sat down next to me and grabbed my hand drawing soothing circles on my wrist.

"This is Agnes, Crystal. She is the leader of the coven and Margot is her first daughter. They are here because there is a threat taking down witches. They came here for safety." Felix started.

"Okay," I nodded feeling my brain to accept that witches are indeed real, "But what about the bounty? Why is there a bounty on me of all people? I am hardly supernatural," I chuckled humorlessly staring at Felix for confirmation, "right?"

"Not exactly."

Our heads snapped to the door to see Blake stroll in with eye glasses that I had never seen him wear before. Do werewolves even need them?

"I spent the entire day going through the levels of leadership in the supernatural realm and by being the alpha's mate there is of course some power that is transferred once you accept each other more even, after you mate," He coughed un comfortably not looking at us.

"But your case is a little different seeing as that affiliation does not render you important enough to be on a bounty. I am not entirely sure yet but there are a bunch of possibilities that I still have to explore." He added mumbling into space and then proceeded to walk out. Weird.

A flash of yellow eyes briefly entered my memories and I shook the thought away. Smothered screams echoed inside my head and I sighed, did I never get peace in this life.

"You will find peace, Crystal," Older Margot said and I stared at her in confusion before she chuckled, "I can read minds." She stated and I huffed.

"Please refrain from doing that without my consent or if you cannot help it, kindly try to ignore the urge to respond." I said politely.

She sent me a brief glare before nodding.

I don't like these witches. Older Margot got the message and huffed dragging her daughter out of the room with her. The door dramatically slammed shut after that. I rolled my eyes.

I continued to ponder the thought of my new life. I was prey to some supernatural beings that liked to penetrate my mind in my weakest state. I was a target for reasons yet to be discovered.

"Are you okay?" Felix asked.

His face held hopelessness and guilt as he stroked my bandaged torso. I caressed the side of his face and traced the corners of his tear brimmed eyes.

"I am made of harder stuff." I told him, "We will figure this out but Felix?"

"Yes?"

"If we are trying this, I need you not to keep things from me." I told him, "I need you to be my rock. I need you to be here. I can't let Amy or Luke get involved with this mess. You are all I have left and I need to know that I can trust you."

His blinked and brought my hands into his.

"I will do everything that I can to make sure that you can trust me." He promised.

I will hold him to that. That night I went to bed with a goal in mind. I wasn't going down without a fight.