48

48

"We need more ice!!!"

The pack house was in a rage. Wolves were working themselves so hard they had started sweating blood. The parents were on the paperworl, handling the duties of the alpha whilst he took care of his son. The other members that lived far from the pack house were oblvious the chaos.

Margot was confines to Felix's room, with potions and spell books muttering away whislt her magic did its best to keep the alpha at bay. Felix's father barked orders left and right.

"Get in contact with the sothern boarder and have everyone in lockdown,:" He instructed, "Find away to eep it from entering the human territories."

"Yes alpha," the surbondinates often replied and rushed off to oblige.

A little girl rushed into the rroom with two buckets of ice and Margot sighed in relief before using her magic o get the buckets over the half naked unconscious sweating alpha Felix.

His eyes hadn't opened in the past day and his temperature kept rising to levels unseen even by supernatural standards.

"Why the hell isn't this helping?" Mr Black cried.

Margot groane din frustration, "His wolf is still fighting to get to his mate. Something must be haoening. They must be done or about done in preparing and that means that she could be virtually dying."

"And why does he... why is he like this?" the father wondered.

"His is strongly attached to his human mate and the fact that she had no wolf for him to get attached to, his affection is doubled. He has saved her once before risking his own life to do it. If we let him do it again., your son might just lose his wolf forever."Margot stressed.

The hair on Mr Black's head received no mercy as he yanked with all his might with intention of getting himself bald because of the stress. Margot continued to mutter the spells she was reading hoping that atleast one of them would calm his enraged wolf.

"My son cannot be an alpha without his wolf." Mr Black sighed.

"And your wolf can't let him be without his mate alive." Margot replied.

She turned yet another page from the old blooks and yelled in victory before performing a spell that almost blinded Mr Black beacause of its strong beam feedback.

"It worked?" Mr Black asked with hope and Margot slumped to the floor in exhaustion.

"Only for now," she said, "I put the wolf to sleep so that we can get time to figure things out."

"And when he wakes up again?" Mr Black asked.

Margot sighed, "He would have the enough to completely take control of Fe;ix and nothing we- I can do would be able to subdue him."

The other rooms were turned into offices of delegation so that the alpha work would be split evenly among eacjj pack member that was 18 and older. The kids in high school were given a break on school work until the chaos had calmed down. The snior wofficeres were also divided into groups of delegation. some continued to patrol till the four corners of the pack to make sure there was no more trouble being caused by the witches that had Crystal.

Mr Black looked at his son helplessly. He was glad that he wasn't in danger anymore but for how long? His only baby boy had gone through so much in the past year he couldn't help but feel guily for not acknowledging it. He had paid to much attention in th matters of the mandane world of the humans and being a cop that he forgot he was an alpha first.

His son lay in a pile of his own sweat after fighting himself for survival. At the moment he found a solution. Maybe one that would keep his son alive.

"Margot," He called her and she lazily opened her eyes in response.