57

Michael looked outside again. The sun was rising this time. Its rays rained over the hills and valleys. The darkness of the night fled and shed light of day over the town with magnificence. The roads were wider and smoother. The buildings were larger and taller. The land were the bakery Michael remembered had a playground built over it.

He took a big whiff and sighed. The human stench had increased. Food-wise, this was a good thing, however it didn't support the leadership plans he had for the future.

Humans were sneaky creatures.

"Deal?" He scoffed, "with them?"

"Yes, my lord. If we are allowed to live with them, the likelihood of an uprising is close to never," the vampire informed him.

"Allowed? Do we have to be allowed to take over what is rightfully ours?" he questioned, "This is our home, need I remind you."

"Not today it is not," the other vampire countered, "The land was evacuated of vampires years ago. The ones left live in hiding from the humans. Lrgally speaking there is no claim we hold over it."

Michael scoffed.

"And since when did our livelihood depend on a bunch of blood-filled body bags," Michael scowled.

"Since this century, my Lord."

"Hmmm." Michael hummed turning away from his council of advisors.

"Any vessels present among them?" Michael asked.

"No, my Lord."

He sighed.

"Okay then," He clapped turning away from the window.

"What have you decided, my lord?"

Michael stared at his fellow old vampire and smirked, "There is nothing a little invasion won't fix. Gather some men and raid the town. Kill as many as you have to and send a message. If there is still some objection, kill some more."

"What about the food, my Lord?"

"Drain them and store the blood. There are still other humans in the world, we can't ever run out."

"Yes, my lord."

And they sped off.

The living room was empty in seconds. Michael jumped into the sofa and lay down comfortably.

The sound of screams if shock and agony started to fill the air. The invasion had begun. Michael smiled at the efficiency of it all. His people were fast. The Cries of terror and disbelief combined with the sirens.

Ah, the music. He couldn't trade it for anything in the world.

"Can I go outside?"

His eyes opened to find the vessel staring over his lying form. He frowned. Again he had not heard her come in.

"Why do you want to go outside?" he wondered. She straightened up and looked at the window.

"The sun has risen." She answered simply.

He hummed, "You want to go outside because the sun has risen." He repeated.

"Yes." She affirmed.

"Then go outside."

She gave a slight bow and left his presence.

He closed his eyes once more.

"My lord."

And there was another one. He opened them again. It was Eric.

"Eric," He greeted.

"You let her go outside." He stressed.