56

There were pictures. Pictures with his face that he didn't remember taking. At the hospital he was standing by a bed leaning against a girl whose face was covered in bruises and a neck brace. Her eyes seemed happy in the picture under that face of grimace. She must have been in a real amount of pain. Then there was another picture. Jordan was in it. He had his arm around her at the pillow supporting her back with a goofy grin on his face while making a peace sign.

"Felix?"

He turned to find that weird girl, Margot staring at him curiously and he brushed her off. He nodded realizing something.

"Maggie, Margot, whatever your name is, could you stop for a second and look at this photo.

"Who is she?" he asked and Margot froze for a second.

"I wouldn't know," she answered quickly, "I only joined the pack recently and she wasn't here when I arrived."

She offered him a small smile and walked out just as his wolf growled low in annoyance. Her heartbeat was too damn obvious.

He turned back to the pictures and looked through more them. Blake appeared too and another guy he didn't really recognize but was he had seen at school. He looked through more and so some pictures at the pack house.

"This is getting weirder and weirder," he muttered to himself. He got to his feet and started to his room. He hadn't really returned to it after waking up. His wolf want offering any insights and it was the first time he had felt him when he was in the presence of Margot. His room was the same as he remembered. He went into his office and saw that his books were not there any more. There was a clock that he rembered stood against the wall. It was old and didn't tick anymore. The wood was mouldy and he didn't even remember why it was kept in my office. He sighed walking out of the room in disappointment.

" What did I expect to find there?" he muttered to himself walking down the hall.

His feet stopped and he turned. There was a scent that he couldn't identify. His wolf hummed again. This time it wasn't out of annoyance but dare he think it...pleasure. His hand found the knob of the door and he opened.

The scent hit him so hard his knees buckled and he sunk to the ground. His eyes searched and registered every inch of the room down to the dust layering her drawers.

His wolf whined in despair at the realization that crossed his mind at that moment.

"My mate was here," He said.

**

Amy was walking down the hall when she bumped into a sulking Felix. She scowled ready to walk past him when he grabbed her by the arm.

"HEY-" she had began to scold him when he cut her off.

"You know her," he said quietly, "You know who my mate is."

Amy simply rolled her eyes and grabbed her hand back with so much force, she had the alpha shocked.

"You don't grab a lady like that," she spat walking to him slowly, "You don't claw a lady." She stated looking at her red arms.

She scoffed smelling the alpha starting to rise, "And if threatening me with your wolf is the only way to think you are getting out of this dilemma, you are just pitiful."

Felix growled.

"The next time you even dare to think of touching me like that again, you will lose that arm," she threatened and walked off.

She stopped short a few steps.

"I know her," she told him, "And she isn't your mate any more."

Amy hurried down the hallway and turned rushing into Margot's room. The blueprints of a house was laid out on the floor where Margot was downing a cup of coffee. Her eyes were bloodshot and her fingers were twitchy. She grinned when Amy walked in.

"This is the house I think they are stationed at. It is a gated property with probably about a zillion guards surrounding it. From what I gather there are about four shadow witches and a few dozen that deal in the obstract mind compulsion and twenty or more with more defensive abilities. The fight should come from above if that makes any sense. That is the only way they wont see us coming. Seeing as its going to be two against-

"CALM down Margot, breathe,"Amy chuckled, "did you factor in the vampires involved. The ages and number of newly turned?"

Margot sighed, "I was on a roll till you brought that up. The vampires in the village alone could be estimated to about 50,000 civilians. The ones under Michael.... There is no way to say,"

"Hmmm," Amy hummed,

"There is a way to get that sort of information," she muttered.

Margot went pale, "We were caught the last time we did that, Amy. No! They can kill her!!"

Amy rolled her eyes, "No they cant," she argued, "They need her to contain the magic."

"There is no law against turning a vessel, you know," Margot shot in and Amy's eye widened.

"That is impossible," she gasped.

"Think about it," Margot said getting to her feet with her disposable cup of coffee in hand, "They capture Crystal and became the target of one of the largest pack of werewolves and a few covens right. Time is not on their side. They turn her into a vessel, driving out any part of her that would theoretically be keeping her alive. The werewolf danger was cut off-

"- thanks to you breaking her bond."

-And the witches were taken care of..

"- because your mother chose to root for the other team."

-meaning that they must have their guard down."

- Or are anticipating a huge blow from our team and are quietly making preparations." Amy smiled to herself. Margot scowled.

"I really don't like you." Margot growled maing Amy grin.

"I appeal to your conscience." Amy mocked. Together they sat down and scanned the blue print again.

"Could just the two of us pull this off?" Margot asked quietly.

Amy sighed.

"We better or atleast die trying." She replied.

"What about... our people?" Margot asked. Amy understood what she meant. Whom she meant. The mate. In hr case it would be Luke and her parents and school.

"Crystal has no one," Amy said, "She had parents that were taken from her twice in a row, a mate that couldn't stand to be with her until absolutely necessary. She lost her life and is living as a puppet under a tyrant. You may not see this now but how long do you think that Vampire village will stay that way before it expands?" Amy reasoned.

"A tyrant yearns for control and power," she said quietly, "There can never be enough. If you can't do this for her, do it for those people of yours you want to be able to see again. Without all this getting in the way.

"And if we fail?" Margot asked again.

Amy smirked locking eyes with her.

"Like I said," she repeated, "We die trying."