18

Chapter 18- 

On the way to the airport watching the trees go by and all the motions, I couldn't help but wondering if I was doing the right thing. I mean was leaving the right thing to do?

Whoever or whatever wanted me must be watching my every move waiting to strike at my weakest point right? They attacked me first when I was alone in the hallway, then in the hospital at my weakest and the car crash and at the apartment when they thought I was alone.

My last attempt at getting away ended up in me going back to them...going back to him. What if by some sick plan of fate that this mate thing was a matter of fate and that we were destined to be together.

He fought it. He fought against it.

He didn't want me.

But he changed later. He started caring for me may be not the way I wanted but deep down he cared for me.

Oh who am I messing with there is no such thing as soul mates. May be my idea was that they were a perfect pair of people willing to love each other through all sort of boundaries Including each other's flaws and perfections. They were to mold each other into happiness filled with so much love till the day death separates them. I wasn't sure if mum and dad loved each other that much but I knew they loved each other. So much so that they didn't mind that they couldn't have kids and just adopted me. That's how much they loved each other to have a family together. One that even blood couldn't break.

Like every teenage girl I thought of that one day I would fall in love and get married. I never did expect to have to find my soul mate in high school may be in college or while I got a job. I did not expect this whole werewolf drama. I can't live with questions I have no answers to.

But I can't run away and expect that in that other country I will live without looking over my shoulder every time I leave the house. I need to face my demons even if it kills me.

As soon as we reached another junctions black cars cut us off from all directions. The drivers had sunglasses on from the ones at the front. I rolled my eyes at my luck and sighed.

And my demons just might consider actually killing me.

Men jumped out of the vehicles holding the dangerous weapons aiming them at the car.

"Get out now!!!" one of the muscle heads demanded. The driver got out shivering with his hands shaking like he was having a seizure. He was a middle aged guy in a yellow flower shirt and some green shorts with black sandals.

His bold head shined under the heat of the sun clearly glistening with sweat.

Poor man.

I however stayed in the car watching it all unfold. If they wanted me dead might as well get on with it. I am not moving any time soon.

"Get out." Muscle head raged again, "You too missy." He growled menacingly. I watched as a red vein on his protruding fore head popped up and down as he glared at me with yellow eyes. Or gold. Whatever. He is a wolf.

I stayed rooted.

I am dying comfortably seated in an Uber car. And that it final.

He eventually got enraged enough to come ahead in front the other muscle head and break open the car door to get to me. I didn't flinch or wince as he practically sunk his claws into my arm as he grabbed me out. And this alone scared me that I was not scared.

"We finally got you, bitch." He sneered into my ear throwing off my hat with his gun. He pulled at my bun like a doll and opened it roughly sending me to the ground in pain.

My locks fell over my face like a shield trying to keep the sight of my own demise away from me.

He cocked his gun at my head and laughed mockingly. His men pointed their guns at me surrounding me with the metal. Pointing at my defenseless frame.

Despite me current obviously defeated situation I had to open my very big mouth.

"Who are you?" I asked looking at him in that dark abyss that is his eyes. He gazed at me menacingly and mocking me with the gun cocking it to the side like I was a child. He knew he had power over me yet he looked quite amazed at my question.

"That doesn't matter where you are going," he mocked and took off the safety of the gun rather loudly just for my own mind torture.

My heart at this rate was out of my chest already sweat rolled down my neck as I waited painfully for my clock to stand still ending my time on earth as I knew it.

Then he lowered his weapon growling in frustration before reaching inside his pocket for his phone.

I sighed in relief. I have a few more seconds to live.

"Yes. I have her here. Right in front of me," he answered glowering at me as if I had done anything to him, "should I finish the job?"

Good bye world.

I never even went to Paris to see the Eifel tower. I could have imagined cat noir and lady bug pay me a visit. I never did go to the aquarium before. I could have seen a shark up close.

I will never get to see Amy and Luke get married!!!

What a hard life I have had. May be I will see them from up there right? In the big cinema hall in the sky.

The next word I heard from him left his mouth very low and threatening almost as if death himself spoke to me.

"Cuff her"

Immediately the other minions surrounded me and I felt a couple of rough hands grab my wrists before the cold metal was locked punishing them to stay together.

I was lifted again rather roughly and shoved into a car with two bags of hard meat sitting beside me wielding their deadly weapons at my head as if I could escape.

I huffed in annoyance as we drove off in deathly silence with nothing but my panicked breathing filling the air. You would think after all my near death experiences I would be used by now. Heck I am far from it. Knowing you are going to die is never settling calmly in my mind...especially if I am getting...murdered.

Only heavens knows how.