36

36

"Tell me what you know, wench."

Margot scoffed and turned to face me with mock surprise.

"What ever are you talking about?"

I rolled my eyes and walked toward her until I had the kitchen counter digging against her back.

"I am done playing your dumb games, little witch," I spat in her face, "Ypu have me here." I told her.

I gestured round the empty kitchen, "Every one is asleep. Felix is up in his sound prrof study and mummy dearest is probably a meter away listening in on every thing you do."

She winced.

"Probe my damn mind all you want. Destroy it and leave me a shell in my own body," I said, "Don'tdo it behind my back like a coward."

Her eyesswitched from red, purple to blue and they stopped. She actually started shaking as I confronted her, shaking like a leaf.

"I cant believe I found you intimidating at some point." I wondered out loud. The girl tormenting me is actually frightened of me.

"Why keep doing it if you fear me that much?" I asked, "What do you want to find out?"

She gulped egained her resolve and finally pushed me to get some distance to breathe. I stumbled back but managed to catch my self before falling into the cabinets with the priceless china.

"I don't have to say anything to you." Margot said shakily and I finally lost my last marble.

The nerve of this girl. I slammed my hand down on the counter.

"You probably don't know how it feels, do you?" I chuckled humorlessly at the startled girl.

"You don't know what its like to have a spear go through your head and have your brain jumbled up like dough ready to be baked," I told her.

She scoffed at me and I knew then that I was waisting my time with this nonsense.

I raised my hand high and smacked her right across the face.

She gasped holding on to her reddening cheek. I raised my other hand and did the same thing.

"What the hell?" She growled, "Who are you to lay a hand on me?"

I rolled my eyes and smacked her fore head. Her eyes glowed purple. I smacked her again. They switched to a darker blue.

The next I hit I made sure to add some real nice hot rage to it, It had her stumbling toward the floor. I wanted to jump in joy but there was something I needed to test out first.

Her eyes glowed gold and I knew I was close to reaching my glow.

"Will you tell me now? Do I have to hit you one more time, Margot?" I taunted.

May be it was the scream fest I had had earlier in the evening where I clawed the tiles so hard I left marks and had my fingers bleeding. Or may be it was the realization that I will be gone very soon. I had no more regard for my safety apparently because here I was glaring down an angry witch with powers that would have me wishing I was never born.

"You are an ungrateful brat you know that?" The Margot monster growled.

Feigning confidence when a witch is staring you down with golden orbs of a promised death.

"Care to enlighten me." I dared.

Her hands were around my neck and she shoved me back into the cabinets. I bit back the groan of pain.

"I have wanted you dead for such a long time," She spat in my face. One of her hands stroked my face, "Such a long time,"

I gulped. I felt stupid for underestimating this witch. The whole little naïve little girl who was afraid of her mother was just an act the. I hate my luck.

"What do you know?" I dared again. This is what suicide feels like.

She chuckled and tightened her hold on my neck. Good bye world.

"You are a legend something fictional all the kids heard as children," She mocked, "You are a magical anomaly."

Her nails scraped the back of my neck.

"Magic doesn't have anomalies," She went on, "Anomalies are rectified with time. Your time is long over due."

Her hold on me got to a point that it was getting hard to breath.

"What...are..you talking about?" I wheezed out. She tightened her hold until I couldn't breath any more.

She shook her head in disbelief as I tried to gasp for air. My vision was clouded with black dots as the oxygen in my lungs lessened.

"If it were up to me you would have been six feet under a long time ago."

Those were the last words I heard before she dropped me like a sack of potatoes and walked out of the kitchen. I coughed and grabbed my bruised neck. Margot stormed out a few seconds later, her eyes shifting every so often in my direction.

I sat down on the floor a few minutes later and replayed what had happened over an over gain. Her words. The hatred in her voice and tried to get meaning behind it. What kind of anomaly was she talking about? I wanted to talk to Felix and try to brain storm with him to get some answers. How would I face him though?

As the defenseless human always in the line of fire or as the magic anomaly every one wants to get their hands on. Every step I make forward I am slammed ten back.

"Crystal."

I didn't need to look up.

"Felix."

He sighed.

"Why did you provoke her?"

This time I looked up in time to see him lower to seat beside me.

"When you have your brain scrambled and your reality distorted, maybe then you can talk to me about provoking." I sassed and his jaw clenched.

"She could have killed you."

"There is a line for that. She should take a number."

Felix grabbed my hand and pulled me into him. There was no hesitation in his touch so maybe he hadn't realized it yet.

"No one is going to kill you as long as I am here." He said firmly while he looked at the marks on my neck. I sighed while he looked me over. That is exactly what I was afraid of.