16

Chapter 16

Of all stories and movies I have ever heard of...nothing beats this one.

"Do you believe me?"

Of course I do not.

"so you are telling me that some guy who you are not sure of is after me because I am destined to forever be bonded to you as your alpha mate, which in other terms is a Luna, "I started, "and that this so called bond is for life and that it is the strength and weakness of your groups you termed as 'packs?" I stated putting in air quotes

"So without your Luna, you can weaken and die in an ambush because nothing else supposedly means anything to you any more since your soul mate isn't with you?" I said repeating the words he told me and he nodded.

"And this heat period you didn't elaborate about it. What is it and why am I in it?" I asked pacing back and forth across the bed in his room.

Yes we were in his room and thank the heavens only talking. Because any genius could figure out what this heat thing is, I just want to clarify if it is what I think it means and I sure hope how to stop it isn't what I think might.

"Okay," he cleared his throat, "heat like in in animals means that...okay in simple terms it means that you are horny." he deadpanned.

"Then if I am why is there pain?" I asked still clutching my robe tighter to my body. It was the only think keeping me sober at this point. I am in a room talking to a guy who I barely ever had a conversation with about things I never thought happened in the real world. I sure hope this is a bad dream and I will wake up in my new apartment.

"The pain is like a calling on your body to force it to accept the crave so that you mate with your...mate." I looked at him silently asking if what he meant was... "Yes, sex. What I mean is sex. You have to have sex with your beloved."

If there was a deeper shade of red that exceeded maroon, I am pretty sure that is what my cheeks had turned.

"Oh."

He was currently sitting on his bed watching me pace back and forth until I finally decided to lean against the wall opposite him and sink to the ground letting the robe shield my most valuable assets from his view.

We sat in comfortable silence as the only sound filling the room was the ticking of the wall clock on the wall. It was way past midnight actually clocking two in the morning.

And I still did not get a chance to get any good night sleep.

The image of those malicious yellow eyes flashed in my brain before I asked Felix to do one thing I needed to full understand this thing. May be even to face my past and confront my demons. If they were wolves then could it be that it was a wolf that...

"Can you prove it to me?" I blurted out. He looked at me raising an eye brow at my sudden request.

"Prove the mating bond?" he asked and I huffed covering my face in embarrassment.

"Not that," I mumbled under my breath, "if you are a werewolf can you...ummm transform or something into it?"

"Are you sure?" he asked standing up and looking unsure, "I am not sure you are ready"

"Have I been ready for anything that has happened in my life so far?" I spat sarcastically, "of course not so this will just add itself to the list." I hissed turning away from him to hide my tears.

I heard him sigh.

"okay." he said quietly and took off his shirt. I gawked at him in surprise as he tossed it on his bed and went ahead to take off his pants. I covered my eyes in embarrassment and blushed.

"Do you have to do that in front of me?" I asked quietly and I heard him chuckle.

Seconds after that soft cracking noises filled the room and soon a large broad figure was looming over me shielding light from the bulb on the ceiling from reaching me. I opened my eyes and gasped standing to my feet as the hairy beast stood before me.

Gone was Felix, Mr blue eyes. I was standing in front of a beast staring back at me with a settled expression yet the golden colour of its iris glued itself into memory. I backed up till my back reached the wall and my throat went dry.

He had midnight black fur with a single streak of white that flowed from his left eye down to the centre of his chest. He sat on his hind legs and stretched out his front limbs to stand. It was large. He was large towering over my little frame like a monster. His eyes stared back at me straight not even sparing a blink. I lost all words.

Wolves. It was wolves that attacked my family years ago and now I was standing in front of one of them. Felix was one of them and from what he has been telling me...he is the leader of his group, pack...whatever. He was serious about all this madness. What has my life turned into?

Am I somehow living in a different story of twilight except that the werewolves win this time?

My breath went out of me and I found my knees buckling and my body succumbed to the realm of unconsciousness.

I felt a cold liquid hit my forehead and my eyes finally opened to meet the familiar brown ones of Lola.

"Well, hello," she whispered wearing her usual bright toothed smile of hers, "you seem to have all your unconscious days in this house." she chuckled placing the glass of water she had in her hand to the side. I was lying in a bed more precisely Felix's bed until I sat up.

All the memories of the previous events rushed back to me and I shook my head to clear my thoughts.

"My guess is that you are one too?" I asked her and she nodded radiantly,

"Wonderful isn't it?"

"More like very surprising." I muttered under my breath.

"It is because now I don't have to keep it from you anymore. I wanted you to find out soon but I guess it needed you to be wanted dead by some crazy maniac wolf for Felix to finally spill the beans. I feel a whole lot better not having any secrets anymore." She rambled. I shook my head at her positive attitude. With this girl in the room you can never fail to forget all your problems.

Her radiant complexion is already enough to catch any one's attention.

"So I bet you are hungry," she said, "come downstairs and it will be like the first time we met." She beamed dragging me along with her as we went to the kitchen.

Yeah...so what do you think? Don't forget to vote and comment. Please only constructive criticism if any is required.... Thank you for stumbling upon this working progress.