Alec softly laughs, pressing his lips into mine for a moment, mumbling into the kiss, "This conversation isn't making any sense to me anymore-"

"Same on my end." This earns another laugh from the both of us as I grabbed his face and pulled him in for another kiss.

-

"I can't believe you made me get that red shirt-" Alec shook his head as we walked through the streets of New York, in our hands many bags of clothes.

"All you wear is black!" I argued, "I professionally made you invest in a good purchase."

I was dressed in a black V neck sweater, that was off one shoulder, exposing the strap and the beginning lace of the white bralette I had on, and tucked into my black jeans, a belt around my waist to go with my outfit, along with the black heeled boots on my feet.

Alec looked at me, "You mean you harassed me and said if I didn't buy it, you'd buy it for me."

I pointed at him, "I was serious."

"Yeah, I got that when you were marching your way to the cashier with the shirt in your hand-" Alec softly laughed, nudging my side.

"Well, I told you I would!" I softly laughed, then looking up at the dark sky in thought, "You think with this new sudden ability of mine, I could create a rune that would magically hold our bags for us?"

Alec shrugs, "We haven't even been able to figure out what is it yet, but if you're getting tired and want me to hold your bags-"

"I was joking, Alec." I smiled at him lightly, "But- yeah, maybe I'm just magic or something. I mean- there wasn't anything like it in the Grey Book."

"Maybe you are." Alec shrugged again, "Are you secretly a warlock and didn't tell me?"

"I wish." I scoff playfully, as we came to a stop, setting our bags on a bench, a block or two away from the Institute.

The sound of crickets was fresh through the night, the only light shining above us being the moon.

We were alone, and it seemed like no one else was around us, as it was fairly quiet and peaceful once we had moved out the city streets and towards the path through the Institute.

My side was shown to Alec as I neatly set our bags on one side of the bench, as I heard the crinkling of paper when Alec picked something up.

"Hey-" Alec's voice made me stop and look at him, "I got you something."

My eyes trailed to the small bag in his hands, "Me?"

"Yes, you." Alec held it closer for me to take, his eyes glued to me.

I don't move, my eyes shifting to meet his again, "What?"

"Here-" Alec drags out, the corner of his mouth turning up at my reaction, placing it in my hand.

I stare at it for a few moments, looking between it and Alec.

Alec urges, "Open it."

I turned to face him fully, pulling whatever was in the bag out, putting the bag onto the bench.

I opened up the velvet box, and in sat a gold necklace. It was a gold chain, with a small solid heart in the center.

I couldn't take my eyes off it, my voice coming out as a whisper, "Alec-"

"You neck looked a little empty without your mother's necklace around it so-" Alec trailed off, rocking back and forth on us feet, "I thought it would look really good on you."