Chapter 46 - The truth.

Start from the beginning

There's a lot more to offer in this house.

It's very large. I guess we are both expecting to have a large family.

I place my briefcase on the kitchen bench and look around to find my wife.

Victoria is most likely upstairs and when I make my way up into the room, I notice she's in my office.

"Your home." She smiles.

I half smile. "What are you doing in here?"

"I was looking at the view." She looks back out into the night of London city and I sneak my arms around her belly.

"How's my little man?" I kiss her neck.

"He's a wriggly baby today."

I sigh quietly and kiss her cheek this time.

I'm not ready.

I don't know why I choose now to have cold feet, but it's such a shock to know that she could be giving birth in three months.

"You look tired baby." I murmur as I finally stand to face her front on. "You've been cleaning too. I told you not to clean."

"I wanted to give Eve a break." She says innocently before wrapping her arms around me.

"I understand, come I'll put you to bed. before I have my conference."

I grab her hand and wrap my other around her waist as we walk down the hallway and towards the bedroom.

I push off all the cushions and the blankets back and Victoria sits down.

"You need to stop wearing denim trousers babe." I murmur as I try to tug them off.

"They're maternity jeans!" she scowls.

I throw my hands up. "Still. It's easier if you wear a dress, yeah. Look at your feet Re!? Relax. Have you had dinner?"

She shakes her head.

"I'll have Eve bring it up for us. Right now, you need to relax. And stop walking around, your feet are so swollen."

I grab the cushions from the ground and lift both her ankles up and place the cushions on the bed so she can rest her feet up.

"Comfortable?"

She nods, smiling. "Thank you."

I contact Eve from downstairs to bring dinner up and in two minutes, she brings it up.

I thank her and place a bunch of pillows begins Victoria that she can rest against while she eats.

Victoria ties up her hair and sighs annoyed.

"I want to cut my hair but I can't." She pouts.

"It's really thick." I comment.

"I know. It's annoying." Victoria sighs annoyed before grabbing the extra sour cream that Eve puts on the side for her and begins to chomp it down

"How do you even eat that?" I question.

She shrugs. "I don't know. It's just really nice. Like your taste buds change. I don't know. I like dairy food a lot but sour cream is so good."

I shake my head. "That is so strange." I chuckle as she finished off her food.

I finish mine a few moments later and place the food trays on the side table.

I check my phone to realise I have five minutes till my conference but I decide to send a message and postpone it till tomorrow.

Sliding in bed next to her, she lays on her side and looks at me with a drowsy smile. Victoria closes her eyes and takes a deep breath.