Chapter 45 - Strange Cravings.

THIS CHAPTER IS A LITTLE STRANGE.

I didn't think I'd be able to stay sane at a table with my mother gushing over this pregnancy and my sisters tagging in as well.

For the most part, I felt like a father chomping down his food just to get the flat screen to avoid all this talk.

Once everyone was finished my mother had stood up.

"Zayn, will you help me with dishes please."

I sigh and stand, pulling my hand away from Victorias leg and collecting the plates from the table and walking into the kitchen with my mother.

When I place them on the kitchen bench I return with the rest of the stuff.

After finishing off helping her, I turn to Trisha and I sigh quietly. "Anything else?"

"Yes, actually." She dries her hands with the tea towel and pinches my cheek. "This is hard for you isn't it?"

I pierce my lips together. "Mum-"

"I know, I know. Strange conversation to have with your mother. But if this is what you two have been doing, you have to pay the consequences."

I sigh and lean against the bench before folding my arms. "I'm not ready, Mum."

"But she really wants to keep it." Trisha smiles. "My advice to you sweetheart. Do what makes you happy. You never know what it feels like to hold a baby that's yours until it happens." She smiles and gives me a well needed but brief hug.

"I'm afraid I'm not good enough to be a father." I murmur and she pinches my cheek.

"Look how far you've come son. You'll be a good father."

I look down. "I don't know." I shake my head.

"You will be." Trisha convinces and I sigh before hearing footsteps behind me.

I turn around to see Victoria walking slowly towards me.

"You okay?" I question quietly.

She nods and smiles. "That was beautiful Trisha. Thank you."

"Don't mention it sweetie. You look exhausted. Go home and rest up." She smiles and Victoria wraps her arms around her.

"Oh and Zayn!" My mother grabs my arm and I frown.

"Yeah?"

"Your father is stopping by to see you tomorrow."

I sigh. "I don't want to see him."

"With this news. You need too." She smiles. "I'm so happy about this. My own little grandchild." She coo's gratefully as both Victoria and I walk towards the front door. "Nine months need to swing by soon."

God please don't swing by soon.

"I don't want to see him." I repeat myself before leaning down to kiss her cheek. "Love you Mum."

"You can't stop your father."

"When is this little meet up?" Victoria questions.

"Tomorrow." Trisha answers.

I shake my head. "I'm nost seeing him."

Trisha sighs. "Please talk to him Zayn. He's your father."

"He doesn't act like one."

10 Weeks.

"Re, I don't think you should eat that." I frown as I look down at the sour cream container she's polished back,