Chapter 46 - The truth.

Start from the beginning

I frown. "Who's Liyha?"

"Me. it's my nickname. Short for Wa-liyha." Waliyha explains and I look at James.

"You make me sick." I frown.

Victoria slaps my chest and I widen my gaze at her. "I was joking."

"No you weren't." Victoria shakes her head. "All of you can head to the table."

"You need some help?" I question and she shakes her head.

"I've got it."

"No seriously. I'll help." I smile and lean down to kiss her cheek.

Resting my hands on her stomach, I feel the baby kick and I raise my eyebrow as we both look down.

Victoria giggles. "I swear he only kicks for you."

I smirk. "That's my boy."

Victoria chuckles and pushes my hand away. "Okay, can you cut some onions for me please."

I bite my lip. "Ahh okay. I'll try." I shrug and peel an onion and grab enough. "Cubed or sliced?"

"Cubed?" She chuckles. "Diced please. We're having tacos."

Diced, cubed. Same thing.

"Because you want sour cream on it?"

"Yes." She smiles. "Need some help with that Mr Malik?"

"No Mrs Malik. I'm fine." I wink at her as I continue at attempting to cut these onions.

"How about I do that, and you grate the cheese." Victoria chuckles and grabs the knife off me and handing the cheese over.

"And I get demoted?"

"Of course not sir, you just suck." She teases and I roll my eyes as I kiss her cheek.

30 weeks.

Ten more weeks.

I've been uneasy about this as time goes by.

It goes by too fast and I'm beginning to think that I can't do this. I'm not capable of being a father. But seeing my wife so happy about this makes it better.

Her pregnant tummy is a lot bigger now and she's very, very pregnant. She's tired all the time, but she still manages to continue having sex which is strange to me.

Having a belly in the way, is not the easiest thing to work with but if it makes the both of us happy, I'm down.

"How far away is your wife if you don't mind me asking, sir?" Leigh questions as she hands a file from Jos.

"She's three months away." I nod and she smiles.

"I'm so happy for you sir." She hesitates and walks out the door as I look at her uncomfortably.

Where has the time gone?

Every time when I'm alone, I catch myself thinking about how I came to this.

How is she pregnant? how did this happen?

She's so close to having a baby, I'm not sure I'm going to be prepared.

When I arrive home, I'm a little preoccupied with my thoughts.

A couple of weeks ago we had moved into our new home and both Victoria and I absolutely love it.

It has five bedrooms, three bathrooms upstairs, which includes the ensuite. Two pools, one indoor, one outdoor. Three lounge rooms, a large kitchen that was designed by Victoria and two offices.