Return of the Gladiator

Start from the beginning

I sighed and walked away to get rid of that horrible smell. I walked around the table and stopped to look at Phoenix.

As she sat sharpening her daggers, she looked.... kind of cool.

Albeit, she hasn't shown us her face or whatever is under her hood, she said she was human, so that's good enough for me.

But I couldn't shake off the feeling of want from her. I wanted to crack her, ask her what she was hiding and make her talk.

But something stopped me every time. A feeling of haste that made me stop from pushing her for questions.

She suddenly looked up at me and stared at me.

"Is there something wrong, Keith?" She asked. My cheeks grew warm and I turned away.

"No, no. Nothing's wrong." I said, sitting down across from her.

After a few seconds the heat left my face, I saw Shiro leave the room to find Pidge.

~~Shiro POV~~

I walked into the infirmary and saw Pidge sitting on the steps of the pods.

"You're as anxious as me." I said, grabbing his attention.

Pidge turned his head towards the pods, "These aliens we saved know something about my family. They have to!"

"I hope so." I said.

"They recotnized you, didn't they? They called you "Champion." What does that even mean?"

"I don't know. I can't remember very much from that time. But the way those guys looked at me when we freed them... I don't know if I want to find out."

"Hmm, they also seemed to know about Phoenix. They were really worried about her."

"Yeah, they were. Maybe we can ask about her when they wake up."

Just then, one of the pods opened and released the rescued prisoner.

~~Phoenix POV~~

Finally! I had just finished sharpening my last dagger, when Hunk came in with bowls of tasty looking food.

Lance chuckled as he and Keith dug in.

Allura walked in smiling at their feast.

"They like the paladin lunch!" She said.

"I don't want to talk about it!" Coran said as he turned away.

I stood and walked over to her, securing my daggers in my hidden pockets.

"Princess, how are the repairs on the Castle?" I asked.

She turned and smiled at me, "I just got the final nebulon booster working. We should be able to leave Plamet Arus tomorrow and take the fight to Zarkon."

"That's goo news, Princess." Suddenly the alarms sounded, the boys stopped eating, Lance slurping up noodles while looking alert.

Allura waved her hand and a large surveillance screen appeared in front of us.

The computer beeped as it showed us the outside of the Castle. Right outside the front door was a small alien running and hiding behind the large rocks.

We all stood a little confused.

"What is that?" Keith asked.

I took a closer look, "Sandy color pallet, large horns, small stature... It's am Arusian."

"How do you know that?" Hunk asked.

"I've learned a lot of things during my time on space." I replied.