33✖️Fight not distract

I had no availability to talk to Taehyung for the whole day. He was out last minute shopping for the Ball even though he bought his suit yesterday; he wanted something different.

There was apart of me that was grateful, after last night, I didn't know how to talk to him. In fact, it makes me question even more.

What are me and Taehyung?

I mean...

We're obviously a bit more than friends.

To be honest, that's how I spent my whole day. Just wondering about whether my feelings are real or if he even has feelings for me.

It was two hours until we planned on leaving for the Masquerade Ball.

Two hours till I meet my boss once again.

Two hours till I find out who's going to win.

My heart sank, only just realising that there is a possibility that we may lose someone tonight. Shivers travelled down my spine, shaking my head to remove the thought.

I felt so unmotivated to get ready, it's only going to get ruined anyway. But I decided to make an effort, using my time wisely to get changed.

My makeup was soft and natural, no one will notice it due to the mask I'll have to wear. To add some extra spice, my lipstick was a light shade of pink. I usually hate pink on my lips but it complimented the navy dress well.

I constantly kept checking myself out in the mirror, partially confident but also slightly insecure about the low chest part. Cleavage isn't something I'm comfortable showing. My hair was a waterfall braid travelling around my head, which was held in place with a silver jewelled grip.

"Jesus Christ Lizzie, you're meant to be fighting with us, not distracting everyone." Jungkook made me jump, escaping from my mirror trance.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" I questioned, still adjusting the chest area.

"Well if you're wanting to look good, you've achieved it. So it's a good thing for you but bad for us." He walked over wearing his black suit, looking very charming.

"Also stop fixing it, you look amazing." There was a slight blush visiting Kooks cheeks, feeling slightly awkward about what he just said.

I felt comfortable with Jungkook so I trusted what he told me.

"Are you sure this isn't too much?" I asked concerned, flowing my hand over my chest so he understood what I meant.

"Lizzie, you're talking to a man here. And you'll be dealing with men. It's not too much for us; it's a sight we'd enjoy seeing." He slightly chuckled through his smirk, I joined him.

"Taehyung will fucking love it." I made my way to slap him, only pausing mid air.

"I will fucking love what?"

Taehyung came in with a black suit but paired with a navy tie. My first thought that came to mind was:

'Damn'

He went out again to buy a navy tie. Matching my dress.

He then stopped in his tracks, taking his time to look me up and down; getting flustered when he noticed my chest.

"Shit." Was all he could mutter.

"Told youuuuu." Jungkook sang, earning a dirty look from Taehyung, purposely leaving the room to give us time alone.

I felt awkward, trying to begin small talk.

"Is it a yes or a no?"

He looked deep into my eyes, I saw lust and admiration.

"Are you asking that to tease me or are you just stupid?" He started to play with the Bangtan ring, shuffling around on his feet.

"Um." Was all I could say.

Taehyung made his way out of my room, stopping in the doorway before he left.

"If you want my honest opinion Lizzie, you look fucking fit."

As he left I couldn't help a massive smile form on my face, it was so funny watching him flustered. I tightened my pastel pink shoes, following Taehyung not far behind. I stood in front of another mirror, this time placing the mask over my face and smiled. I've never felt this type of confidence before.

However, walking down the stairs was awkward; all of the men were stood at the bottom in matching black suits with different ties, masks covering half of their faces. Only revealing their eyes and lips. All eyes were on me, even Jae-jin was taking a second look.

Boys are boys.

"You've done good there Taehyung, you've done good." Jimin nudged Taehyung, who was avoiding eye contact with everyone. All he replied was:

"Let's just get this over with."

Hobi and Suga were still watching me, both smiling in the process.

"You look beautiful Lizzie." Hobi whispered in my ear while we were walking out of the door. Suga nodded in response, still flashing his gummy smile.

They walked ahead down the drive, unlocking each of the cars. Jungkook approached me from behind, whispering:

"I told you he'd love it."

I just shook my head, "he doesn't seem to care to be honest."

He gave me a look, silently asking, 'are you dumb?'

I just raised my eyebrows, shrugging my shoulders.

"You don't understand do you. He's nervous because you look like a five course meal to him. In fact any insane man wouldn't agree. What did I tell you?"

"You're a bloody distraction."

UNEDITED