18✖️Set up

A/N

Just a pre warning:
Some may find this chapter boring, it just explains the back stories of everyone and the relationship between Bangtan and Lizzies Boss.

Enjoy 😉

✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️

"Well?"

I questioned, still in the process of calming down.

"We've all had...all had bad backgrounds. Hobi was abused, Jungkook was neglected, Namjoon was raised by gangsters, Taehyung and Jimin were also abused..." Jin trailed off. Each member lowered their heads once their names were mentioned. They really must fear the past.

"Suga and I...well...we knew your boss. He was a councillor in school. Coincidentally, we all went to the same school, just in different year groups. Mr Kim (that's his name) helped us all through the times we struggled, always giving his support. That's when we all became friends." Jin looked at me, silently asking wether he should continue.

I nodded.

"When we left school, all of us had nowhere to go therefore Mr Kim offered a place. Although he personally helped me through a lot, I still didn't trust him. There was something about your boss Lizzie that I never liked. Mr Kim had a difficult relationship with his wife, we always caught him beating her constantly; unable to help. All of us still blame ourselves for this. Even till this day..."

Jin looked as if he was going to shatter and minute now. So did all the others.

"He killed her. In front of us."

I felt sick to the stomach. From what I've been told, my boss is secretly a sicko.

"And he blamed it on us." Jin suddenly released, clenching his fists in anger.

I sat there in shock; I was speechless.

Suga added onto the news:

"He got gangs after gangs to chase after us, we managed to kill them off. That earned us our reputation. Of course then the police thought that we're the bad guys. All we are doing is protecting each other, we're family."

A sudden wave of heat took over my heart, these men really do love each other.

"Last night...Taehyung received a message from Mr Kim. He knows you're here Lizzie, he wants you back. You betrayed him, he wants you dead. We were fighting for you last night. Please don't ever forget that. Yes, we used you to get payback from all that he's done, you're his best agent. And we're seriously sorry for that. That's not the case now Lizzie, we care about your safety. We can relate to you, your background was rough too, growing up with a criminal father."

A tear silently slipped out of my eye, guilt was more painful than it's ever been before. "I'm so sorry, I shouldn't of shouted."

"Hey, hey. Shh." Jungkook wrapped his arm around me, letting me know I'm safe.

"It's not your fault, you didn't know." Taehyung was staring at your current position, shuffling uncomfortably. I couldn't help but notice a sense of...

Jealousy?

No, no. Probably not.

"How did you know what I looked like and why did you shoot me when your aim isn't to harm me?"

"Jae-Jin." Taehyung answered.

I looked at him with my mouth hanging open to the floor, "what?" How does my best friend know about all of this?

Jimin was finally awake, listening into our conversation. Eventually joining in and replying to my question.

"He Is my brother."

UNEDITED