22✖️Softer shell

The sun was beginning to set, signalling it was our time to head back. All of us but Jimin and Suga were dripping wet but just couldn't care in the moment; all six of us had the time of our lives.

I was walking at the back with Taehyung, enjoying the views of the sunset, the skies were a mixture of red, pink and purple.

"Pretty isn't it?" He broke the quiet, softly smiling up at the skies. I love this side of Tae. The sun was highlighting his eyes, transforming them into light brown with slight rainbows in them.

I hummed in response watching a plane fly across us, wondering where they're travelling to.

"Me and my dad always came here when I was younger. He'd love to watch the skies change colours in the evenings." Tae displayed sadness in his voice, this was definitely a hard subject for him to talk about.

"What was his name?" I looked up at Taehyung who was still focussed on the sunset.

"Kim Chul-soo."

I recognised the name, I just couldn't think of where from. Until it hit me.

"KC-S..." I whispered unintentionally.

Taehyung heard me but couldn't quite understand so looked at me confused.

"That shirt. The shirt with the blood on. It had his name on it." I quickly regretted saying that, I was never supposed to look at that shirt.

Taehyung dipped his eyebrows, "you looked at it." I sensed no anger, just misery.

I looked at him nervously, waiting for him to kick off. He read me like a book, my emotions are too visible for others to understand.

"Don't worry, I'm not angry. I would've done the same." He flashed me a soft smile in which I returned.

"And I suppose you want to know about it?" Tactically, Tae asked me before I made a move. He knew I'd want to know anyways.

"You really don't have to. I've asked enough questions already." I lied. I just wanted to sound like a good person but deep inside I was hoping he would tell me.

He shook his head.

"I can't hide it forever."

He looked deep into my eyes, enough for me to notice the water building up in them. All the boys in front were talking in front so our conversations were just white noise for them.

"My mum always abused me, constantly whipping me with belts. I never even misbehaved, she just hated me. I was a mistake and she put all the blame on me."

(Disclaimer: next part may be triggering for some. I apologise if I offend anyone in any way. No harm is intended. Everyone is beautiful and deserves to be in this world no matter what. Everyone has purpose. Anyways enough of the inspirational talk let's carry one. :))

I felt as if a hole had burned through my heart. Knowing you're a mistake is probably one of the most hardest things to accept. The fact that you weren't meant to be in this world must be so painful.

"She even gave me a scar on my collarbone, it was when she hit me really hard one day because I tried to tell her I still loved her."

A tear came to my eye, matching with Taehyung. Behind the cold fuck boy, there's a lovable angel who is willing to love any family member or friend no matter what they've done. His hand travelled up to the collar of his black shirt, slightly lowering it, allowing me to view the white long whiplash scar across his right bone.

I stopped in my tracks, not caring about the others in front, we'll catch up.

My fingers ran over the battle scar, it sent chills down his spine.

To avoid being so far behind, we continued.

"One day..."

He took a deep breath, gathering all the strength he had to open up.

I noticed his difficulty and didn't want to see him put himself into suffering.

"Taehyung leave it, you don't have to say."

"No. How am I supposed to ever get over it when I can't talk about it." He protested continuing:

"She got really bad. My dad was home. I loved my dad. We was the weaker partner out of the pair and was hurt by my mother too. He tried to protect me, finally fighting back; his strength was lacking. I just stood there. Fucking stood there! I just watched him get beaten up, she ripped his bloody shirt off, dad told me to run. That's what a wuss does. But I did what he said. I took his shirt and ran."

Tears were rolling out of his eyes, as were mine. He was looking down at his feet while walking, his angry shouting attracted Jungkook in front of us. He didn't want to interrupt so I saw him mouth 'will he be okay.'

I gave him a hesitant nod. He won't be okay, he blames himself for his father, that's so difficult to deal with.

Taehyung nervously played with his Bangtan ring, attempting to control his anger. The best I could do was take his mind off it while we had the last stretch of the beach to walk.

"The ring? What does it mean."

I was afraid that this would be another sensitive topic. I was relieved to work out that it wasn't, he sent me a soft smile, still holding it while he admired the black gem on his finger.

"It doesn't really mean anything specific, we just wear it for family. We've been together to support each other for years, never stopping. A circle never stops going around and neither does our love and care for each other. Just continuous care.

Taehyung is really a good man at heart. I questioned my self: 'how do I really feel about him?'

My attention travelled away, focussing on the all black figure standing in the distance, engrossed in our every move. Unsure if it was just a tourist, I kept quiet and allowed our evening to settle down in a peaceful way.

✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️

UNEDITED

TaeZie moments are getting reallllll.

Thank you for reading!!

-Star
P.s just a photo to bless you all

s just a photo to bless you all