6✖️I promise

I heard muffled voices circle around me. A sharp pain was violently attacking my shoulder.

After a few minutes of confusion, the voices came to sense. I still had difficulty opening my eyes, but sound was enough to satisfy me.

"Good one Namjoon! You were meant to shoot the other car! Not the innocent girl on the river bank!"

"She's not innocent, she's"- I heard Taehyungs voice begin to speak but it faded away. I was drifting off again. Why wasn't I innocent? What have I done?

———

My eyes time consumingly opened; giving me full opportunity to recognise my surroundings.

Except I didn't recognise them at all.

I've never seen this place before.

The walls are grey and white striped, it's quite spacious, with two large, white double doors on the wall to my right.

I then recalled the partial chatter I heard earlier, I heard Taehyung. He wasn't alone either.

Once again, a familiar sharp pain filled my shoulder, resulting in me to wince in pain.
Obviously too loud because a tall man with brunette hair walked in. From what I can gather with my 'still recovering' senses, he was very good looking.

He wore a completely black suit with a white shirt. Completed with a black tie.

"Ah, Lizzie. You're awake. And I bet you're confused too." He flashed a sunshine smile. Honestly, his smile could cure all diseases.

"Yes. I bloody well am." I snapped, while attempting to sit up but failing miserably due to my deformed shoulder.

The man quickly ran to my aid, supporting me, making sure I was comfy. "Woah girl, slow down. You're injured." His soft voice comforted me.
I felt slightly guilty for snapping at him, but you can't blame me. I just woke up in a random house, with a random man and a randomly injured shoulder.

He grabbed a wooden chair from the desk by the other wall and dragged it over.

"So Lizzie. I can only tell you all this if you promise me one thing." He looked deep into my eyes.

I slowly nodded.

I wasn't confident on my promise, I've only just met this guy. I'm terrified for my life right now. Greatest agent there is. Round of applause for me.

"Don't panic."

Right. That made me panic.

If he believes that I'm going to panic then the subject is something worth panicking about...right?

Thoughts flew through my mind, I told myself to calm down. I was just over thinking.

"I promise." I mumbled, lowering my head.
"As long as you promise me something."

The unknown man tilted his head.

"Promise me you won't hurt me?"

"I can promise you that Lizzie. As long as you listen."

A sudden wave of pressure just brushed off me, only to replace itself due to his last sentence. As long as I listen?
Listen to what? Your satanic ritual chants?

Not today, brother.

He clearly noticed the anxiety grow on my face, his hands met mine. I flinched slightly under his touch but my muscles stopped tensing as I felt a spark of trust in my system.

I only just met this guy.

But when I'm in a situation like this; where I'm extremely gullible, I have to trust him.

And that's what my instincts tell me to do.

"All will become clear in a minute Lizzie." He softly stroked the top of my palm. It actually felt like he was reading my mind.

All of a sudden, his sunshine smile reappeared, "Oh! How rude of me! I forgot to introduce myself."

He was right, I've let my trust fall into this guys hands and I don't even know his name.

"I'm Hobi."

✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️

EDITED TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY

I feel as if it's just natural instincts now to grin whenever I see or write about Hobi. HIS SMILE IS CONTAGIOUS.

-Star