19✖️Small world

"Please tell me I heard that right?" All my emotions had drained away in the space of five seconds. There was a part of me that was intrigued, yet I was betrayed by my own best friend.

"He really cares about you Lizzie and he knew Mr Kim's obsession with you. Jae-Jin called us, sharing that someone from Britain would be sent over here to chase after us. He described you and showed us photos, me and Jae keep our relations a secret, that way, Mr Kim doesn't know that he's against him." Jimin helpfully explained.

This all makes sense.

And I called these men psychopaths.

"And why did you shoot me?"

Taehyung responded this time, eyes interlocking with mine. Not going to lie, I think a possible blush crept up onto my cheeks due to the intense contact.

"Apologies for that. You're extremely intelligent Lizzie. We can't just go up to you and ask you to come; we needed to bring down a fight. The day you first saw me in the cafe, I knew who you were but you didn't know about me. Your instincts assisted you in working it out."

He called me intelligent, that wasn't the right time because I feel dumb as shit at this exact moment.

"What do you mean?"

"Lizzie, why did you come back to the cafe for the second time?" Taehyung smirked, I knew exactly what he meant and he knew the answer himself.

"Because I was curious about you."

"Exactly Lizzie. And where did that curiosity lead you?"

"To you."

Taehyung developed an adorable box grin, making me smile back. Jungkook patted me on the head.

It's so weird how one little thing can lead to another.

"So what are your opinions on us now Lizzie?" Namjoon raised his eyebrows.

Then the smile disappeared from my face, regret and guilt was a bitch. I can't believe all of this happened to them; they didn't even deserve it.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled putting my head down. I still had questions about the rings and the shirt in Taehyungs wardrobe but they can wait.

"Look Lizzie, we apologise too for trapping you in this situation as well." Jin sent me comforting sympathy.

"Why don't we make up to each other?" Jungkook grinned.

"Oh lord what do you mean." Suga asked with concern, rolling his eyes at his younger brother.

"Have a day out? To the beach?" Hobi joined in with Jk, suddenly changing personalities into his signature sunshine self again.

"Hold on. Are we going to act like nothing happened?" I asked, tilting my head. How can everyone change from depressed to bundles of joy within seconds?

"What do you mean?" Namjoon questioned me furrowing his eyebrows.

"We literally just spoke about your pasts and now you're unexpectedly happy? What if boss sees us? Doesn't he want me dead?" There was visible fear in my voice, I've never had someone who's wanted me dead.

Actually I take that back, I probably have.
But not literally.

"Lizzie if we lived in fear we wouldn't be alive now." Jungkook flashed me another bunny smile, this youngster is incredibly wise. That is an extremely smart point that I'll definitely use again sometime in life.

All of them looked at me, now wondering if I was up for going to the beach.

"Beach then?"

Cheers escaped multiple mouths, even Jimin bless him. He will have to walk around with several bandages.

Time to get ready.

Except.

I've ran out of clothes again.

———

I knocked on Taehyungs door softly, this is temporarily my room but he's currently getting changed.

"It's open." I heard his muffled voice escape from the other side, I opened the door only to get greeted by the unexpected.

"OMG TAEHYUNG PUT SOME CLOTHES ON!"

UNEDITED