Requests Are Closed (And We're So So So Sorry)

"DEAR MOTHER OF WHATEVER GOD IS OUT THERE, THINKER CALM DOWN!"

I hold Thinker back, my arms tightly hooked with her. She struggles forward as she tries to break from my hold. I'm about to shout again but instead a curse escapes from my lips when she whips her head back. My nose blossoms with red and pain. But I still hold on, making my grip tighter.

"Oh for the love of whatever gods are out there, Narrator! COME ON! I HAVE SO MANY IDEAS! THE READERS HAVE SO MANY IDEAS! THEY. NEED. MORE."

While I hold her back, the Commander is huddled up into a tight ball. The writer is sitting in the middle of a protective circle made up of thick salt. She's holding her knees to her chest while looking at Thinker with horror.

"Narrator..." she says fearfully.

"Don't worry, Feels! I got-URK!"

I'm suddenly knocked back and watch as Thinker makes a break for the Commander.

We all scream.

Me and Feels, because we're terrified of the idea overload that will happen. And Thinker screams because...well just because.

But the barrier I made for the Commander works, miraculously. Though that doesn't make us any less afraid. Thinker presses herself against it, making her look insane.

She begins to whisper to Feels, "Come on, Commander! You know that we need to do this! THE READERS DEMAND IT!"

I look at you desperately.

"Guys. This is what happens when you have too many requests. A mind overload."

I grab you by the shoulders.

"Requests are closed. So no more, okay? Cause I can't handle it. Thinker can't handle it. The Commander can't handle it. And-THINKER NO!"

Thinker somehow has made a hole through the barrier and is sticking her arm in.

"Commmmmander. We have work to do."

Feels looks at us with wide eyes.

"THE REQUESTS ARE TOO MUCH GUYS! THIS NEEDS TO ST-"

"FEELS! THINKER LET HER GO OH MY GOD!"