Love Like You (Minerva)

"Minny?" A quiet voice asked.

Minerva sniffled and wiped her tears, trying to clear her blurry vision.

Your (e/c) curious eyes looked up at her worriedly. "Did...daddy get angry at you again...?"

The oldest of the two slowly nodded, causing the younger to frown.

Minerva didn't like that. She liked seeing her sister smile. Devoid of the despair and pain that she held in her own being. That frown didn't look right on her young sister's face.

So she smiled reassuringly.

"It's okay, (Name)."

If I could begin to be
Half of what you think of me

"That's so cool, Minny!"

Minerva glanced to her right and saw (Name) gazing at the magic in her hand with awe. Her (e/c) eyes were filled with so much wonder, it almost made her proud of herself for once. Then she saw her little sister shrink back when a large shadow casted over them. Minerva flinched when she turned and saw their father, glaring at her hand.

(Name) yelled her name when their father slapped her across the face, throwing Minerva back.

"Not good enough." Was all her father said.

I could do about anything
I could even learn how to love

The sisters, sadly, grew apart. It was because of their father. Everyone saw the drift between them before they knew it themselves. (Name) no longer followed after Minerva's shadow. And Minerva no longer tolerated her younger's presence.

At least that's what it looked like.

When I see the way you act
Wondering when I'm coming back
I could do about anything

You sat atop the roof of the Sabertooth of the guild hall, staring at the evening sky. You closed your eyes, relishing in the brief freedom that you had that you couldn't have inside the guild. Your eyes snapped open when you heard footsteps approaching the guild and sat up. You slowly got up from your spot to look down to see who was coming. You saw Rogue and Sting with their Exceeds, along with another figure.

Before you could guess who the third person was, you heard yells from inside the guild.

"Hey! Sting, Rogue, and Minerva are back!"

Immediately your early drowsiness was gone and you ran inside. You sprinted downstairs and ran until you reached the main hall. You skirted to a halt when you entered the room.

Over the many people greeting them, you saw your older sister. Her face in a stoic expression. You forced your face to match hers when her eyes met with yours.

But you allowed yourself a small smile and you quickly extinguished it when you two were staring too long. Secretly though, you were glad she was okay. You turned your back to her, walking away like you didn't care.

You didn't see Minerva's confused expression.

I could even learn how to love like you
Love like you

You didn't remember being this happy. In fact, you didn't remember being this happy at all. You had finally decided to open up to your fellow guild members. They weren't half bad. You couldn't believe that you actually enjoyed their company. Sting, Rogue, their Exceeds, Yukino, Rufus, Orga.

You loved going on jobs with all of them and felt complete having friends.

You laughed as you crushed Rufus into a tight hug, grinning widely.