I Love You (Final)

"Hey, old man," You said.

Your grandfather huffed and crossed his arms. "Hmph, I see you still have that attitude, young lady."

"Ha! It's not going anywhere either!"

You both fell into an awkward silence. You squirmed in your seat. Your body desperately wanted to run away from the room and to never look back. But your grandfather's stare pinned you down.

"So," He started. "I noticed that injury on Laxus' eye..."

You averted your gaze and tapped a finger on the tabletop.

"(Y/n), don't think I haven't noticed the signs. Just the other day your cheek was bruised. Is Ivan abusing you?"

Your eyes flickered around the room, searching for any signs of anyone listening. When you saw it was clear, you rolled up your long sleeves. Makarov gasped and quickly, but gently took your arms into his small hands. He stared silently at them and you anxiously watched, waiting for a reaction. Finally, his face slowly transformed into an expression of anger.

"I-I will make sure that he suffers the consequences. You and your brother are moving in with me now."

"But dad won't-"

"You're living with me and that's final. Go tell Laxus to pack your things."

You nodded, tears pricking the edges of your eyes and smiled. "Thanks, grandpa."

After that talk, you were elated. Glad to know that you were going to be free from your father's clutches. You felt so happy.

* * * *

You hummed a tune to yourself as you tended to your garden. You snipped off the thorns on the red roses and moved over to the sunflowers. You picked one up and stared thoughtfully at it. After a couple seconds you giggled.

It reminded you of a certain someone.

You heard someone step outside. Speak of the devil.

"What the hell are you laughing about?"

You turned around and smiled at your little brother. You strode toward him and placed it in his right palm. You kissed his cheek.

"It reminds me of you," You giggled.

His face blushed red from anger and he frowned. "Shut up."

"I love you, Sparky."

"Tch, I know."

* * * *

You decided to take him out today. You both hung out around town, looking at shops, buying some food. Just a little sister-brother time. But you could tell that he wasn't having that much fun. Yet.

You scratched the back of your head as you watched Laxus browse through another store.

"Man, what should I do...?" You murmured to yourself.

An idea popped in your head. And you knew that there would be consequences either way. But you were willing to take the chance to let your brother have a little fun.

You gently grabbed his hand and pulled him along. Ignoring his protests, you roughly tugged him toward the center of the square. As you approached, the music got louder. Your little brother seemed to figure out what was going on and began to fight against your grip. You giggled evilly and pushed aside some of the crowd.