[sixty four] danny

"I swear this game is rigged for toad or something!" Diego threw his switch down angrily.

"I saw that! They cheated you, how does he keep getting the blue shell?! It's rigged!" Metri agreed.

"Aww, remember when we used to play Mario Kart?" Jahseh cooed.

"Yeah. Too bad my dad broke the console when we had that New Year's Eve party." I sighed at the memory.

"Yeah, didn't he break the coffee table too?"

"And he shattered the TV screen." I added.

"Yeah that's cool and all but has anyone seen my uncle? We haven't heard from him in a few days and he hasn't been here with us." Billie jumped in.

"Don't interrupt their conversation like that, it's disrespectful." Tay rolled his eyes.

"You scrawny bastard, you're the last person, and I mean LAST person to tell anyone else to stop being rude." Micheal said to Tay.

"Fuck off, Chucky. Go kiss that pissy, no tiddy having, pencil neck, bug eyed bitch from Instagram that you claim to be your new 'girlfriend'." Tay stuck up his middle finger and blew a kiss with it.

"W-what?" Micheal studdered.

"Those wall breaks should have been left in 2018 honestly." Gus scrunched up his face.

(I was gonna make an offensive joke about him 'not knowing what should have been left in 2018 when he didn't even make it that far' but I didn't bc I know some people will get butthurt.)

"Nah, keeping it alive. Anyways, no little Bill. We haven't seen Daniel."

"My mom's gonna be worried. She's had enough going on, with my older brother being thrown through a two story window by some kid a school a few months back. He still hasn't recovered.", Billie sighed sadly.

"Wait, what?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Last year some kid got in a fight with my brother and nearly killed him."

"Damn, that was your brother? Yoo, you have no idea how much of an impact he had on our lives." Jahseh snickered.

"Impact?" I asked.

"You wouldn't have started working here, you'd still be dat- close friends, with Geneva, and I'm sure I'd still be running around in footie pajamas."

"You still wear footies to sleep though." I pointed out.

"Okay, and? Why'd you have to say it out loud, that's my business."

"Sorry about your brother." I apologized.

"I remember my first fight." Tay smiled.

"I do too! I was there!" Jordan clapped.

"First? Aren't you like, six?" Nicki said.

"Six and a half you ignorant whore. Get it right next time." Tay gave Nicki a stank look.

"Whore? Gahaskaska! Yeah, whatever you wanna believe. That would have probably hurt me if I gave a shit." She smiled innocently and winked.

"Unbothered, yet problematic. I stan." Symere said.

"Has anyone seen Dani?" Alex asked from the doorway. She poked her head in but she didn't enter the playroom.

"Uh, no. You haven't heard from him either?" Jahseh asked her without looking up. He was busy helping Jenesis button up her sweater.

"Not for a while now. He usually calls or texts, but I haven't got anything and it's starting to bother me." She said worriedly.

"I'm sure he's fine."

"It's 5-0! Twelve got em'! Found out like R. Kelly, got caught stepping in the name out love!" Tay yelled.

"He got caught lacking just like Jay." Pete giggled.

"Boys, that's not funny." I deadpanned.

"To you."

"Okay, Tay, go sit in the corner and count the strands of hair on your scalp."

"He won't be counting much since they're all nappy and clumped together." Tyler mumbled.

"Man, this some bullshit!"

"Bulls don't shit." Gazzy said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Gaz, yes they do. Every animal does." Omar whispered.

"Oh! Then I retract my statement. See, I used a big word because I'm smart."

"You literally just said a bull doesn't shit. At this point, you should just give up on using your brain before you hurt yourself." Jordan patted Gazzy on his shoulder.

"Leave me alone and grow some meat on your bones toothpick boy."

"Stokeley, did you really body slam someone through a window?" Diego gasped. He'd picked up his game and stuffed it in his backpack.

"Not on purpose-"

"He sure did! My baby sure is strong, huh?" Jahseh cut me off.

"Wow! I didn't think you were capable of being so violent!"

"My cousin Kentrell said he whooped his ass in the mall parking lot. Knocked his teeth out." Tay said from in the corner.

"Well, he must communicated with his brainwaves because I know for a fact that Kentrell still can't talk at all from his comatose state in the hospital that I put him in after he wrongly put his contaminated, infected, itchy hands on my boyfriend." Jahseh gave Tay a wide grin. His eyes flickered for a second, but they instantly went back to normal.

".......so we just gonna ignore the fact that Daniel is missing and could possibly be the only main character death that isn't Tyrone?" Patrick looked up from his glasses.

"My dad has a hellhound named Tyrone." Symere said.

"I had cousin named Tyrone that died in a fire that started from within." Jarad said sadly.

"My neighbors name was Tyrone. He was hit by a minivan carrying a Mexican family that consisted of thirty people in that one van."

"Shit, does one of your dads have a thing against the name Tyrone or something?" I asked Jahseh and Symere at the same time.

They both shrugged. At that moment I've never been more happy to have a weird ass name like Stokeley. Who the fuck hates on a guy named Stokeley?

"Rob-"

"Don't."

"Well if Daniel doesn't show up by the time paychecks roll around, I'm getting whatever he was supposed to receive." Jahseh snorted.

"You'd better get ready to claim the check then." Symere sighed.

"Why?" Alex asked. Jahseh nodded.

He gave them both a confused look. "Don't you feel it? The light in his soul has gone out. It's done."

Alex kept a conflicted expression, and Jahseh's shoulders dropped.

No one said anything, the kids just blinked at each other.

"Yo, that nigga dead and gone." Tay cackled.

-Jada