[thirty three] how to properly thank the lord

Jah's POV

The sounds of my bare feet slapping against marbled floor echoed throughout the huge... palace. Shit, I forgot what it was, it was a huge ass room.

I'd kicked the slippers off at some point, they were too comfortable. Of course, everything is perfect in heaven.

I heard a laugh and I swiftly ducked behind a tall white pillar.

I'm not hiding from my dad, I just don't wanna see him. Ever. He'll try to force me to stay here and better myself, like always. Geneva knows this, and loves sending me back.

She just wants Stokeley all to herself. I'm not letting that happened. I've felt attached to the human since I first heard him praying.

It was last year, he was praying to anyone listening that his mom would slow down. It didn't work, as she only sped up. But, I tried my best to keep them from crashing. Since then, I've been watching over him and practically begged my father to make me his guardian.

I was so happy to be back, especially since I'd dropped out of my last job as Tay's guardian. Hence me being at the daycare last year.

When I quit, my father refused to let me go back to Earth since I'd failed my last assignment. Usually that happens, an angel looses their wings, but my dad only took away some of my power.

So here I was, powerless and stuck in heaven with these goody two shoes ass niggas.

I hated the shit. Which is why I acted the way I do, but I never get punished. Poor Jahseh, always pitied by daddy. Always spoiled, but it was never enough.

I'd always hated heaven because of the rules, the fake smiles, the goody shit.

I liked Earth. You were free to be whatever and whoever. In heaven, one slip up, and it's taking a red hot dick up your ass.

But never Jahseh. Daddy always had a soft spot for his firstborn 'hybrid' son.

I finally moved away from behind the pillar, and started to speed walk towards the garden. Maybe one of the more powerful angels could help me. I made a few decent friends here over the millennium.

My thoughts came to a halt when I nearly ran smack into someone's back.

"Shit, my bad." I said quickly.

The person gasped. "Who dares to use such foul language!"

They spin around, a beautiful woman with long, black hair, plump lips covered in red lipstick, and captivating dimples turn to face me. Her frown of disgust quickly turned into a smile of gratitude.

"Jahseh. You've returned. Your father and I have been-"

"Yeah, yeah. Cut the shit. I don't like you and you damn sure don't need to pretend to like me Harmony." I put a hand up.

She giggled. "Yes, it is definitely you Jahseh. Always just as charming as I last remembered."

I sighed. She's always so damn positive, happy, and just so..... perfect. That's probably why my fuck ass dad chose her over my mother. God deserves only the best of the best, including women right?

"Listen, I need you to take me back to Earth. I'm not done with Stoke- my uh assignment." I explained.

"What? Another failed assignment?" She shook her head. "He's not gonna be happy, Jah."

"Look, I don't care about his happiness! Take me home before I unleash hell! Symere and Jarad ain't gonna be happy if I just up and leave!" I whisper yelled.