[fifty seven] the end of infinity

Stokeley's POV

"That was horrible. Something told me to just stay home but no, my ass just had to try and be social." I huffed, harshly throwing my suit jacket onto the floor.

Me and Jahseh left early after he got yelled at for defending me. One of his brothers, Dimitri, started to comment negatively about my weight, so Jahseh had furiously picked up a statue from on top of the fireplace and threw it at him.

Jeh tried to blame it on me, stating that I was the reason Dimitri got hit, and that I was too much of a bad influence on Jah. Harmony defended me, and suggested that me and Jahseh leave early before things got even more out of hand.

"It wasn't that bad. Besides the fact that my dad probably wants to kill you, which he can't, I gotta admit, ya moms came through with the food. You saw how they were tearing up them neckbones." Jahseh smirked.

"I ain't never seen an angel choke from eating a neckbone too fast before. That nigga literally started to glow." I chuckled.

"That's cause they ain't used to human food, just prune juice and dried raisins. I swear, sometimes I wonder if hell is honestly as bad as he says. I know Symere lil ass be eating good." Jahseh gagged.

I felt bad. I'm a big boy, I love food. I couldn't imagine having to eat and drink those bland ass items. I'd rather live in the hot, deep, dark depths with Symere.

"Oh well. Anyways, I think they approved of you. My brothers aren't usually fond of humans, but I think they liked you." Jahseh smiled.

"They only liked me because I brought them food. I saw the way they was looking at me before they tasted it." I sighed.

"Aw, come on Stokes. Fuck them loose booty ass niggas. They ain't shit anyways. Most of them can't even fight, you whoop ass more then they do with them windmills." He rubbed my back.

"Yeah, okay. What about your dad though? Why he gotta be mean all the time? I ain't never did nothing to him." I plopped down on my bed. Jahseh sat down next to me.

"To be honest, it could just be because of my sexuality. I'm not saying he's homophobic, but ion think he likes the idea of me dating another male because it's a sin."

"But don't you break rules all the time? You're an angel that loves to fight, swear, and you have an unhealthy obsession with my dick." I replied.

"Exactly! It's like he's just letting me get a pass. I've never got in trouble for what I do, but I've seen someone get their wings ripped off for stuttering." Jahseh sighed.

"Damn, lil nigga couldn't even try to get his sentence out? That's fucked up." I bit my lip to stop from laughing. If that was the case, I know poor Diego wouldn't last in heaven.

"Don't even worry about it. He ain't gonna do shit to you. He knows what'll happen." Jahseh grinned evilly.

"I won't be surprised if your wings went from white to black one day." I rolled my eyes.

"Speaking of black things, it's Sunday night. We ain't had Bible study in a week or two." Jahseh said, rubbing my thigh.

"Really? On a Sunday? Ain't that literally yo dad's- you know what.  You nasty. Whatever. Give me a minute." I said.

------------------------------------------------------

"Stokeley! Come downstairs! You got more visitors."

Oh come the fuck on. Why does everybody wanna bother Stokeley early in the morning?

"Man, here I come!" I said, groaning. I knew better to argue, it wouldn't get me anywhere.

"Jah, move. Someone needs to talk to me." I grunted, trying to push him off of me. He slowly stirred awake.

He mumbled something incoherent and cuddled into me even more.

"Look, I ain't got no problem with staying up here and laying with you a little longer, but I really gotta go see who it is." I gently smacked the back of his neck.

"No. I don't wanna move. You're comfortable." He mumbled, pushing my hand away.

"Jah, I have to-"

"No." He said, looking up at me with yellow pupils.

I sighed. "Jahseh don't be like that. I'll be right back. I'm tired too. Yo ass was too energetic last night, my back still hurts you know."

He put his head back down and ignored me. He slowly shifted off of me.

"You got ten minutes."

"Oh, so now I gotta be timed?" I teased, putting on some clothes. I'm not about to walk downstairs to greet company with my balls out.

"Yes the fuck you do. I'm serious. Ten minutes, or I'm putting on my knuckles and swinging at everybody." He scoffed and threw a pillow at me.

"If you say so." I muttered, walking out and closing the door behind me.

------------------------------------------------------

I should have stayed upstairs with Jahseh.

The last person that I'd expected to see again was sitting down in the living room, looking comfy on my couch.

"-few witnesses say it wasn't his fault. Some kids reported bullying." Mr. Brown said.

My momma opened her mouth to reply, but stopped when she noticed me at the bottom of the stairs.

"Oh, there he is! Look Stokeley, it's your principal." She gave me a fake smile.

"Yeah that's nice and all but why are you here? I thought-"

"That you were never to step foot on school grounds? Yeah, that's been squashed." He said happily.

"Isn't that great Stokes? He said I could register you for the next semester. You don't have to work at the daycare anymore. You can go back to school!" She cheered.

"That nigga don't want to go to no fucking school." My dad shook his head.

"Rodney!" My momma smacked his arm.

"I think it's a good idea for him to come back. He could finish his education, get a degree, and a better paying job. No offense, Regina." Mr. Brown spoke up.

My heart dropped. "I don't want to stop working at the daycare. Who would take care of the kids?"

"Daniel. Jahseh still works there right? And that new girl, Alex, she can replace you." My momma smiled. Her lips twitched.

"But ma-"

"Nope. Too late. I've already said yes. The new semester starts in a week."

"Wait, can I just-"

"Boy don't argue with me!" She snapped. My dad whistled loudly as he finished taking down the Christmas decorations.

I stopped talking, but I was still mad. I clenched my fists.

"Can I keep wor at the daycare until the day that I go back?" I asked.

She nodded. "Yeah. Sorry."

"Bitch, no you not. Lying ass always....lying." My dad muttered.

"Rodney, I'll beat the sh-"

"Well, unfortunately I can't stay any longer. I have to attend my son's funeral today." Mr. Brown sighed sadly.

"Your son? Sorry about your loss." My mom said, helping him to the door.

"It's okay. Tyrone was a good man." He said.

"Wait a fucking minute. Tyrone?!" Me, my mom, and my dad said in unison.

"Stokeley! Yo ten minutes is up! I'm coming down!" Yelled another voice from behind me.

-JADA