[sixty one] pudding

"Boy get outta my face with that shit."

"Momma." I whined.

"You're not staying home, Stokeley. Don't ask me that shit again because i won't answer you."

"Just like you didn't answer me last night?"

"Nigga, I was busy!"

"Your mouth was busy, but you were not." I huffed.

"Motherfuc- I'm just gon act like i ain't hear that. I spoke to the lord in my sleep and he told me to try to be a better mother." She sighed and walked out of the kitchen.

"The lord needs to start taking his own advice." I mumbled.

Right after i said that, i felt a sharp pain shoot up my spine.

"Chill! It was a joke!" I cried out in agony.

"Yeah, that's what i thought." Said a faint voice.

The pain slowly went away as my mom poked her head back into the kitchen. "Who you in there talking to?"

"Nobody." 

"Weird ass child. I don't even care anymore, stay home if you want to."

"Wait, really?"

"Nope. You're coming with me to work today. Your deadbeat ass dad is having some friends over and i'm pretty sure one of them is a pedophile." She gagged.

"So you just gonna act like Daniel isn't?"

"Who?"

"Daniel. The janitor."

"Oh. Yeah, that nigga."

------------------------------------------------------

"The kids are gonna be so happy to see you. We got some more."

"More? As in more kids? I'm gonna die."

"Boy stop being dramatic. They're not that bad. I think you were a good influence on the little shits." She smiled at me.

"Yeah-"

The car made a loud screech as my mom slammed on the brakes to stop at a stop sign. She lurched forward and took a sharp left, nearly sending me on her side of the car.

"Jesus Christ! Momma, let off of the brakes sometimes!" I cried.

"Don't tell me how to drive. I know how to drive, that's why I got my permit!"

"You mean your license?" I asked while grabbing on to the little bar that was above my head. I held on for dear life.

"No, I got my permit. I never got my license because I kept failing the test. They said I was 'too heavy on the brakes'. What type of bullshit?" She shook her head.

"Momma. That's.... that's true, you drive hard for no reason. Plus, you're driving illegally. What if we get pulled over? What are you gonna tell the officer?"

"Not telling him shit because I'm not gonna pull over. He can kiss my ass, and my dust." She gave me an evil grin and swerved into the parking lot.

I silently made a prayer to Jahseh. Just in case.

------------------------------------------------------

"No, bitch fuck you! Give me back my Spiderman action figure!"

I smiled when I heard the tiny voice. Tay.

"Leave me alone, Tay! It's not yours and I saw it first!" Gus yelled.