[thirty six] domino effect

Stoke POV

"Remember how you said you were gonna teach me how to fight?" I asked Jah.

He lifted his head from where it was resting in my lap. "Yep. Why, you tryna fight somebody?"

He'd been hanging out at my house a lot more recently. My parents were out doing couple's therapy and activities nearly every afternoon.

I chuckled. "Nah, just think that I'd be a nice little activity for us to do. You know, as friends."

Jah lifted an eyebrow and stared up at me through long, thick eyelashes. "Just as friends?"

"You said you were my guardian right? You were my little friend before you grew anyways." I blushed.

He just snorted and put his head back down in my lap. He stared up at the ceiling.

"Sure. As friends." He smirked.

What the fuck he smiling so evilly for? Is this nigga plotting something or-

I felt Jahseh sigh hard against me, I nearly fell off of the bed. My big scary ass.

No lie, older Jahseh might be just as worse as younger Jahseh.
In a good way, of course. But I'd never tell his ass that.

------------------------------------------------------

My mother always told me when I was younger, 'silence is golden'.

Well, right now, that shit is barely bronze.

I hated awkward silences. Like now, the smaller boys were all napping just as they should be. Except for one boy, that was now not as small as he used to be.

He was seated at one of the round tables with me. Daniel was sitting with us too, so it was kind of like a triangle formation.

Jahseh was tapping his hands on the table humming a tune that sounded vaguely familiar. I remember hearing it from someone a few weeks back, but I couldn't remember who. It was like a part of my brain had been.... erased.

Or maybe my slow ass is just dumber than I thought.

Daniel kept looking at us, giving us a weird grin. He would look over to Jah, then right back to me. But the nigga ain't say shit, his weird ass just kept looking.

After a few more glances, he gave a wolfish grin. "So, y'all two fucking now?" He whispered.

The sound of Jahseh tapping his fingers stopped. I choked on my spit.

"What? E-excuse me? See, ion think I heard you correctly, can you repeat that?" I managed to spit out.

Daniel's grin got even wider. "I said, are y'all two knocking knees yet? Since Jahseh is you know, of age now, I thought y'all woulda been going at it."

I was about to flip the table, and possibly wake the kids, when Jahseh opened his mouth to speak.

"Who do you think tops? Me or Stokes?" He returned Daniel's grin.

"Hey, pal. Now, look here-"

"Meh. You're more aggressive than Stokeley, but you seem submissive too. I'd say Stokes tops, but i'm getting 'power bottom' vibes from you, Jahseh." Daniel shrugged.

My eyes widened. "We're not-"

"You're right actually. I am way more aggressive than him, but if he were to ask me to bend-"

"Aye! Don't you finish that fucking sentence nigga." I cut him off.

Jah's jaws clamped shut.

"See! That right there. He ordered you to shut the fuck up, and you did it instantly." Daniel pointed out, he then started to chuckle.

"Alright. I think the boys have been sleeping long enough. Nice talk and all but me and Jah have to wake the children. Bye Daniel." I scooted out of my chair.

Jahseh looked back at the clock on the wall. "We still got 10 minutes-" I clamped a hand over his mouth.

"No, not anymore."

I yanked my hand back when I felt Jahseh's wet tongue lick my palm.

Daniel stood up out of his seat. He gestured to me. "Hella big dick energy. That's what you're giving off. I'mma let y'all be alone anyways."

As he confidently strode out of the room, I looked down to glare at Jahseh.

"What? Is it something I said?" He looked up at me and asked innocently. But I knew better, this nigga might be an angel, but he's just as sinful as the devil himself.

I huffed out an angry breath. "Nope. You did nothing at all, you might as well had told him what type of positions that we use to fuck."

He grinned. "Oh, really? Should I call him back in here to give a demonstration-"

"Okay boys, nap time is over, wake up!" I yelled as I started to shake them all awake.

I could hear Jah snickering behind me.

------------------------------------------------------

"Gazzy, I done told yo ass a million times to stop eating the damn glue!"

"Mah bad." He mumbled through a mouthful of Elmer's. It was starting to harden in his mouth and Omar had nearly fainted when Gazzy said he couldn't feel the top of his tongue.

He'd ran around screaming 'Alguien por favor ayuda a mi bebe!' for nearly five minutes. I thought he was singing a song, but when Jah ran out of the office in the middle of our conversation, I knew it was something with Gazzy.

I almost forgot that Jahseh could speak 'Locos Tacos Supreme'.

And now here I was, trying to get the dumbass to open his mouth a little wider so I could swab it all out of his cheek.

"Where the hell you keep getting this glue?"

"Thaymor." He said slowly.

"Tay!" Jahseh yelled.

"Man, I thought he was doing crafts, I ain't know his slow ass would try to gulp it down like a shot of burbon!" Tay said in defense.

I sighed. This boy gon grow up to be a drug addict.

-JADA