[five] symere does magic

"Jordan! Stop throwing stuff at Gazzy!" I snatched the pair of scissors out of his hands

"Metri! Don't eat that!" I hurried over to him.

"Oh sh- Taymor! C'mon now, stop using that sign language or whatever you call it and clean up like I told you to!" I groaned. He flipped the bird at me. Nick pinched him.

I collapsed in one of the beanbags. This shit was stressful as hell.

We got four more kids today, Gazzy, Gus, Jordan, and Micheal.

Gazzy wasn't very bright, but he wasn't completely stupid either. Just a little slow. He liked hanging around Metri.

Gus was chill. He was quiet, always playing with his Nintendo switch. He usually sat in a corner silently.

Jordan's little bad ass couldn't sit still. Nigga was always running or throwing something at somebody. He was with Metri too.

And Micheal was always in somebody's business, adult and the other kids. His ugly ass loves to put in his two cents. He usually hung around Diego.

So far we have 8 kids. My momma said it's supposed to get up to 14 real soon. I'm gon die.

And I'm supposed to be working alone in a few days. Alone with all of the kids. I could feel a headache coming on.

I didn't even get to read the files yet because when I got home yesterday I practically flopped on my bed.

I noticed a small crowd forming around somebody, and I heard crying.

I groaned and made my way over to the kids, all with guilty faces.

"What did y'all do now? Who crying?"

At the sound of my voice, they all ran off, scrambling in different directions. Bad asses.

I looked down and saw hunched shoulders, curly hair, and heard an occasional hiccup.

"Aww, Diego. What happened?" I bent over to pick him up. I also learned that Diego loved being held, or babied for that matter.

He replied with a loud so, and then he rested his head on my chest. Probably getting boogers and tears on my new hoodie. Damn.

I rubbed his back soothingly. "You gonna tell me what's wrong?"

He unballed his fists from my shirt and wiped his eyes. "T-taymor call-led m-me ugly." His lisp made it hard to understand, but I could make it out.

He looked up at me. His eyes were red and puffy, and so was his cheeks. Poor little dude really looked heartbroken.

"Taymor? He called you ugly and that made you cry?"

He nodded. "I t-thought he was my f-friend, but t-then he said that I was t-too much of a 'g-girly punk'."

"Well, I don't think you're girly at all, or a punk for that matter. Not all boys have to be aggressive." I wiped a tear from his cheek.

"Okay." He rested his head back on my shoulder, putting a thumb in his mouth. Another thing, if he wasn't eating candy, he was sucking his thumb.

I looked around for the little bastard. I spotted him helping Nick with some building blocks.

"Taymor, come here." I took a seat at one of the round tables. Adjusting Diego on my lap, I motioned for Tay, who was just giving me an annoyed look.

"Boy, I swear to God."

Nick nudged Tay. Tay rolled his eyes and came to sit in the seat across from me. "What? Didn't you see that I was doin' something?"

"What did you say to Diego?"