[nine] fists of fury

"Are you ready? You ain't scared or nothing right? They seem to like you. Except for Taymor but don't nobody care about him for real." My momma said, running a red light.

I nodded. "Yeah, I should be good." I gripped my seatbelt. I looked back at Diego, sleeping peacefully. I had sat him in the middle of the backseat, and strapped him up with all three seatbelts. Just to be safe.

"Okay, so-"

My momma stopped mid sentence, and in the middle of the street. She rolled down her window.

"Aye! Ain't you Tyrone baby momma?!" She yelled at some random passerby.

"Yeah. You know him?" The woman with red hair and too many face tats asked.

"Bitch!" My momma screeched, she rolled down her window all the way, and climbed out of the fully opened window.

"Ma!" I reached for my seatbelt.

When I got out, I turned around to see my momma and the lady fighting and screaming at each other.

"You. Been. Fucking. With. My. Man. Hoe?" My momma said between swings.

"Fuck you!" The lady snatched her wig off, and tossed it at me. Then my momma tossed me her Crocs. I caught them both.

What the fuck.

They both squared up. "Leave my man alone! He don't want you or that fuck ass baby!" My mom yelled.

"Not my fault he cheated on you hoe! I don't blame him, both you and yo son ugly as fuck!"

I dropped the stuff in my arms.

"Naw, who the hell you calling ugly?" I yelled. My mind snapped back to the fat kid. I calmed down by playing with the strings of my hoodie.

"Yeah, who you calling ugly, hoe?!" My momma repeated.

"Yo! Leave my sister alone!" I heard a shout from my left. Some skinny ass nigga was running out of an apartment.

"Mind yo business! And yo sister a thot!" I spat.

"Who the hell-" he squared up at me.

"Aye! Move yo fucking car!" Some nigga yelled from the street.

"Shut up!" We all yelled in unison.

I glanced over at my mom. She had murder in her eyes. The other woman stepped forward, "So what you bout to do?"

My momma stepped closer, "I'm about to give you these hands hoe!" She swung and hit the lady in the neck. The lady kicked my mom's kneecap in.

My instincts kicked in and I started to windmill at the skinny nigga. I closed my eyes and started going ham, only stopping when I heard a loud 'clap' and felt a stinging pain on my left knuckles.

I opened my eyes to see the skinny nigga sprawled out on the ground, and one of my knuckles were red.

"Oh shit! That nigga sleep!" The same dude from the car yelled.

I looked over to my momma, who now had the lady in a headlock. Her eyes met mine. "Go back to the car."

We both took off for the car. I jumped right in, and she barely had her door closed before she sped off.

I looked back at Diego, who was still asleep.

My momma snorted.

"Did you really just use a windmill to knock somebody out?"

-JADA