[eight] stokeley pokeley

"Okay so you press this button to craft, and you press this button to use it."

I was teaching Diego how to play Minecraft. I used to always play with Jarad, but I stopped when him and his parents stopped coming around.

"How do I kiss? I want to kiss that guy." He pointed to one of the villagers on the screen.

"Well, you can't kiss them. But you can make them kiss other villagers." I explained.

"Aww." He sat back, resting his head on my chest.

I was sitting crisscrossed and Diego was in my lap.

I felt like a big brother. It was nice.

"Oh, you can get wolves as well."

"Wolves?"

"Yeah..uh basically puppies."

"Oh! Yeah! I want puppies!"  I laughed at his lisp.

"What's so funny dad?"

I froze. There, he said it again.

"Hey, Diego. I have a question."

"Yes?" He asked, not looking away from the screen.

"Why do you call me dad? Like, I know I'm not your dad, I've met him. Why do you call me dad so much?"

He shrugged. "You feel like my dad to me."

What was that supposed to mean?

"No offense, but your dad was very...rude. Is he always like that?" I ran a hand through his hair.

He huffed. "Not all of the time. Sometimes when mommy's not around. Or when mommy gets sick."

"Oh. Okay."

He stopped playing to turn and look up at me. "Did I do something wrong?"

"No, no. You did nothing wrong, Dee." I quickly replied. "It just catches me off guard when you call me..dad."

"Oh. Well how about I call you...Pokeley? Yeah, I'll call you Pokeley."

I raised an eyebrow. "Pokeley?"

He nodded, grinning. "It's like Stokeley, but with a 'P'. And when I poked you the other night, your face was really soft. Like a pillow."

"O-oh. That's nice. Okay. I guess I'm Pokeley now."

He clapped. "Now, will you teach me how to get the puppies, Pokeley?"

------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Stokes, can you help me-"

Diego cut Jahseh off, "Don't call him that! His name is Mr. Pokeley and he's my best friend!" He finished his sentence while pulling me away from Jahseh.

"Wait Diego, it might be important." I ruffled his curls, earning a small whine from him.

"Go check on Gazzy and Metri for me okay Dee?" He sighed, shot Jahseh a death glare, and pulled off.

"Thank you." Jahseh said.

"What's up Seh-Seh?" I asked.

"I need your help."

I crossed my arms. "With what?"

"Well, I've been having problems..with um...you know." He did a little dance.

"Dancing? I can't dance either, I barely have rhythm myself-"

He giggled. "No Stokes, I mean.."
He did another dance. I pouted.